|Edited by||Adrian Aldcroft|
|License||CC-BY or CC-BY-NC|
|ISO 4||BMJ Open|
BMJ Open is a peer-reviewed open access medical journal that is dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas. It is published by BMJ and considers all research study types, from protocols through phase I trials to meta-analyses, including small, specialist studies, and negative studies. Publishing procedures are built around fully open peer review and continuous publication, publishing research online as soon as the article is ready. BMJ Open aims to promote transparency in the publication process by publishing reviewer reports and previous versions of manuscripts as prepublication histories.The editor-in-chief is Adrian Aldcroft.
Abstracting and indexing
Since 2014 the journal is included in the Index Medicus and in MEDLINE. The journal is also abstracted and indexed in Scopus, the Science Citation Index Expanded., PubMed Central, Embase (Excerpta Medica), DOAJ and Google Scholar. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2019 impact factor of 2.496.
- "About | BMJ Open". BMJ Open. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Editorial Board | BMJ Open". BMJ Open. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "BMJ open. - NLM Catalog - NCBI".
- "Scopus title list". Elsevier. Archived from the original (Microsoft Excel) on 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- "BMJ Open". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
|This article about a medical journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.