Bad Reputation (Joan Jett song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Joan Jett|
|from the album Bad Reputation|
|Joan Jett singles chronology|
Use in UFC and WWE by Ronda Rousey
Ronda Rousey first used the song in 2013 as her entrance music when she was Ultimate Fighting Championship's Women's Bantamweight Champion at the pay-per-view event UFC 157. In 2018, Rousey made her debut in WWE and would continue to use the song as her entrance music. Jett performed the song live at WrestleMania 35 as Rousey entered the ring for her match to defend her WWE Raw Women's Championship in the first ever woman's main event at WrestleMania 35.
Other use in popular culture
It was used as the opening theme to the television series Freaks and Geeks.
It was used in a fight scene in the first Shrek film.
A music video was made in 1982 after the huge success of "I Love Rock 'n' Roll". The video, directed by David Mallet, is a re-enactment of 23 record labels rejecting Jett's first solo album and her subsequent rise to the top of the charts with "I Love Rock 'n' Roll". Kenny Laguna, cofounder of Blackheart Records, appears in a cameo as the Warner Bros. executive.
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000*|
*sales figures based on certification alone
Avril Lavigne version
|Promotional single by Avril Lavigne|
|from the album One Piece Film: Z|
|A-side||"How You Remind Me"|
|Released||12 December 2012|
|Genre||Pop punk, punk rock|
|Label||Sony Music Japan|
"Bad Reputation" was recorded by Canadian singer Avril Lavigne for a video montage interval in her Best Damn Tour. The studio recording of the cover was later included on the deluxe edition of her fourth studio album Goodbye Lullaby and on the Japanese edition of her fifth self-titled album. It was then reported on 17 October 2012 that Lavigne would be contributing two cover songs to the anime film One Piece Film: Z; the latter studio recording and a cover of Nickelback's "How You Remind Me". The song was released for the film only in Japan on 11 December 2012, as a digital download on the One Piece Film: Z Original Soundtrack. The 2-track promotional CD single was released on the next day, exclusive to Japan. After heavy radio airplay, the cover peaked at No. 8 on the Japan Hot 100.
- CD single
- "How You Remind Me" – 4:05
- "Bad Reputation" – 2:42
|Japan Hot 100 (Billboard)||8|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
|Japan||December 12, 2012||CD||Sony Japan|||
- "spreadit.org music". Archived from the original on 12 February 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2009.
- Stroud, Brandon (March 26, 2019). "Rock Legend Joan Jett Will Play Ronda Rousey To The Ring At WrestleMania". Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- "Joan Jett and Blackhearts's Greatest Hits". Retrieved March 22, 2010.
- "American single certifications – Joan Jett – Bad Reputation". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Canadian Singer Avril Lavigne Contributes One Piece Film Z Themes". Anime News Network. 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "One Piece Film Z Soundtrack". CDJapan.co.jp. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- "Avril Lavigne – How You Remind Me". Discogs. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Hot 100｜JAPAN Charts｜Billboard JAPAN
- "一般社団法人 日本レコード協会". Riaj.or.jp (in Japanese). 1997-07-26. Retrieved 2016-10-17.