The Balver Höhle (German for Balve Cave) is the biggest cave used as a cultural venue in Europe. It is located in Balve, Germany.
Since 1985 it has also been the venue of an annual theatre festival, the Festspiele Balver Höhle. Its first play was the Katharina von Georgien directed by Hermann Wedekind.In 1991 it staged dramas based on fairy tales festival was installed by Festspiele Balver Höhle. In 1998 the Festspiele Balver Höhle performed their first oriental musical. In 2009 they did their second, "Der kleine Muck".
- Balver Märchenwochen, since 1991
- Irish Folk & Celtic Music, since 2002
- Höhlenrock, terminated 2004
- International Jazzfestival, terminated 2005
- Christian Bollmann (until 1999)
- Justus Frantz (1994–2007)
- Redentiner Osterspiel
- Mal Sondock's Hitparade
- Public Viewing
- Tu es Petrus (1997)
- Klaus Günther, Die altsteinzeitlichen Funde der Balver Höhle, Aschendorff Verlag, Münster 1964
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balver Höhle.|