This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2013)
Wuxi County, Hubei, China
Fengjie County, China
|Years of service||1852–1886|
|Rank||Field Marshal, 1864|
|Commands held||Commander (霆字營) of the Xiang Army|
|Battles/wars||Battle of Changzhou, 1863--1864 Battle of inlon river, 1867|
|Awards||Imperial yellow jacket(黃馬褂)|
Bao Chao (Chinese: 鮑超; Styled Chun Ting 春霆) (1828–1886) was an eminent Han Chinese official, military Captain General, of the late Qing Dynasty in China. He raised the Xiang Army to fight effectively against the Taiping Rebellion and restored the stability of Qing Dynasty along with other prominent figures, including Zuo Zongtang and Zeng Guofan, setting the scene for the era later to fight against known as the "Nien Rebellion". He was known for his military perception.
Fame and military campaigns
- Enlisted in the Green Standard Army in Hubei and displace shift of position to Army Group Jiangnan, just was a stoker in 1852.
- In 1853, Made many wins but officer dislike him, Zeng Guofan drafted him joined to the Xiang Army, promoted him be a company commander defend the Lake Dongting.
- In the Xiang Army he promoted very fast, be a Major General and command 15,000 infantry and defended Qimen County(Xiang Army's headquarter position) in 1856, many times defeated Taiping Army's invaded.
- He had joined combat 500 times and wounded 108 on his body in whole military life.
- Zhejiang Military Region (commander) (1861 – 1864)
- Retired, from 1867 to 1878
- Hunan Military Region (commander) (1882 – 1886)
- created the royal BATURU(Manchu:the Brave twice in 1855(and promoted Colonel), 1860(guards Qimen County and saved Zeng Guofan successfully)
- created Yellow Chinese jacket(黃馬褂) in 1862
- created Viscount Yiyong of the First Class, Order of succession (勇毅一等子爵, 世襲) in 1864
- Vice Three Excellencies, Crown prince military second master (太子少保)