|Bayezid Osman Osmanoğlu|
|Head of the House of Osman|
|Term||23 September 2009 – 6 January 2017|
|Successor||Dündar Ali Osman|
|Born||23 June 1924|
|Died||6 January 2017 (aged 92)|
New York City, United States
|House||Imperial House of Osman|
|Father||Şehzade Ibrahim Tevfik|
|Mother||Hatice Şadiye Hanım|
Bayezid Osman, also known as Osman Bayezid Osmanoğlu with a surname as required by the Republic of Turkey, or known by the Ottoman imperial name as Şehzade (Prince) Bayezid Osman Efendi (Ottoman Turkish: بایزید عثمان; 23 June 1924 – 6 January 2017), was the 44th Head of the Imperial House of Osman, which ruled the Ottoman Empire from 1299 to 1922. The monarchy was abolished in 1922, with the modern Republic of Turkey replacing it.
He was the second son of Sultan Abdülmecid I's grandson Ibrahim Tevfik (24 September 1874 – 31 December 1931) by his fourth wife Hadice Sadiye Hanım. If the Ottoman monarchy were restored, he would have been Sultan Bayezid III. He was a member of one of the younger branches of the House of Osman. He was the first member of the House of Osman to be born in exile, and the first head to have been born after the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
Osman never married and had no children. On 23 September 2009 with the death of Ertuğrul Osman, he succeeded to the head of the House of Osman. Osman's relative, Abdulhamid Kayıhan Osmanoğlu, announced on social media that Osman had died in New York on 6 January 2017, aged ninety-two.
|Ancestors of Bayezid Osman|
- John James (ed.). Almanach de Gotha (2013 ed.). BOYE6. ISBN 978 0 9575198 24.
- "Last heir to former Ottoman Empire, Prince Bayezid Osman dies at age 92". DailySabah. 7 January 2017. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "Osman Bayezid Osmanoğlu kimdir? Osmanlı Hanedan reisi Osman Bayezid Osmanoğlu vefat etti! | Gündem Haberleri". Haber Turk (in Turkish). 7 January 2017. Archived from the original on 10 January 2017. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh, ed. (1980). "The Imperial Family of Turkey". Burke's Royal Families of the World (snippet view). Volume II: Africa & the Middle East. London: Burke's Peerage. p. 243. ISBN 978-0-85011-029-6. OCLC 18496936. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Soszynski, Henry. "HIH Prince Shehzade Bayezid Osman Efendi". Ancestry.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
Bayezid OsmanBorn: 23 June 1924
|Titles in pretence|
|— TITULAR —
Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
23 September 2009 – 6 January 2017
Reason for succession failure:
Empire abolished in 1922
Dündar Ali Osman