|Motto||Believe, belong, become - where dreams inspire futures|
|Department for Education URN||100453 Tables|
|Head teacher||Alan Streeter|
|Age||11 to 16|
Beacon High is a new fully comprehensive coeducational school for 11-16-year-old girls and boys in the Tufnell Park area, located in the London Borough of Islington, England. Beacon High is a member of the Islington Futures Federation of Community Schools and the Islington Sixth Form Partnership. In the school's most recent Ofsted report, it described the school's leadership and management as Good
The school was first established in September 1907 as a boys' school named Camden Secondary School for Boys, it later changed its name to Holloway County Grammar School and then to Holloway Comprehensive School.
In September 2018, the Governing Body was dissolved and the governance of the school was taken over by the expanded federation of Elizabeth Garrett Anderson and Copenhagen Schools.
In June 2019, Holloway School was rebranded as Beacon High.
Beacon High offers GCSEs as programmes of study for pupils. Although the school does not operate its own sixth form, graduating pupils are guaranteed a place at City and Islington College through the City and Islington Sixth Form Consortium.
Islington Futures Federation of Community Schools
Islington Futures is a federation of four community schools: EGA, Beacon High School, Copenhagen Primary School and Vittoria Primary School and was established in September 2018.
Jo Dibb is the Executive Headteacher of the Islington Futures Federation.
Notable former pupils
- "Holloway School". Holloway.islington.sch.uk. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Ofsted - Beacon High School". www.beaconhigh.org. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Context". Holloway.islington.sch.uk. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- The Old Camdenians Club. Retrieved 31 January 2015
- "Damning Ofsted report sparks name change for Islington school". Camden New Journal. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Our Sixth Form". Holloway.islington.sch.uk. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Welcome from Executive Headteacher - Islington Futures". www.islingtonfutures.org. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|