Bedford High School (Massachusetts)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bedford High School|
BHS main entrance
9 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||“Active learners, resourceful thinkers, effective communicators.”|
|School district||Bedford Public Schools (Massachusetts)|
|NCES School ID||250240000128|
|Principal||Heather P. Galante|
|Grades||9 – 12|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Athletics||Soccer, Football, Field Hockey, Cross Country, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Track, Cheerleading, Riflery, Skiing, Swimming, Tennis, Lacrosse, Ultimate Frisbee, Hockey|
|Rival||Concord Carlisle High School|
|DESE School ID||00230505|
Bedford High School is a public high school in the town of Bedford, Massachusetts, United States. It is operated under the authority of the Bedford Public Schools district. Students come primarily from Bedford. Other students that attend Bedford High School come from the neighboring Hanscom Air Force Base or from Boston through the use of the METCO system. Some Bedford students attend Shawsheen Valley Technical High School.
Out of 141 public high schools in Massachusetts, a 2008 Boston Magazine issue rated Bedford High as fourth place for overall "Cost Effectiveness" and fourteenth for academic performance statewide. In 2009, the magazine ranked Bedford High the 10th best overall public high school in Massachusetts. In 2010, the magazine ranked BHS the 6th best overall public high school in Massachusetts.
A comprehensive, four-year school, Bedford High is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (N.E.A.S.C.). Enrollment is growing and is currently at 785, with a senior class of 173.
According to Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education annual statistics, for the 2020-2021 academic year, the demographic enrollment distributions for race, gender and grade level at Bedford High School (Massachusetts) are as follows:
Total number of enrolled students: 829
Total number of full-time equivalent educators: 80.0
Therefore, the student to teacher ratio for this school is 10.4:1
|Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander||1||0.1|
* Approximate number calculated based on percentage of enrolled pupils.
** SP = Special Education Beyond Grade 12
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (September 2020)
- Doug Ardito, guitarist and bassist for rock band Puddle of Mudd
- Doug Coombs, alpine skier and mountaineer
- John Ferrillo, Principal Oboe, Boston Symphony Orchestra, former co-principal oboe of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra in New York
- Steve Shea, former MLB player (Houston Astros, Montreal Expos)
- Taecyeon, actor, model and member of Korean idol group 2PM
- "Biographies/Contact | Bedford Public Schools". www.bedfordps.org. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- "High School | Bedford Public Schools". www.bedfordps.org. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-08-30. Retrieved 2008-08-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-08. Retrieved 2010-01-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-09-25. Retrieved 2010-10-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bedford High School College Profile http://www.bedford.k12.ma.us/bhs/counsel/pdfs/college_profile.pdf Archived 2011-06-08 at the Wayback Machine
- "Enrollment Data (2020-21) - Bedford High (00230505)". profiles.doe.mass.edu. Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- "Profiles Help-About the Data". www.profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2019-09-26.
- "Puddle of Mudd". Gale. 2004-03-01. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- Signum '89 Bedford High School, vol 6, Jostens Printing and Publishing Division (published May 1989), 1989, p. 22
- "Bedford will welcome its third class to Hall". Lowell Sun. 10 October 2010. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- Citizen, The Bedford (19 April 2019). "MCC World of Music Concert on April 26 ~ John Ferrillo, Elizabeth Ostling, William Rounds, and Carmen Rodrigquez-Peralta". The Bedford Citizen. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- "Steven Shea". www.seacoastonline.com. 2015-03-09. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- "Steve Shea Trades and Transactions by Baseball Almanac". www.baseball-almanac.com. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- "Taecyeon Profile and Facts (Updated!)". Kpop Profiles. 2019-04-11. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|