|Time zone||UTC+4 ( )|
Berdavan (Armenian: Բերդավան), is a village in the Tavush Province of Armenia. The village is located about 2 km north of Noyemberyan and near the village of Dovekh, Kohb and Zorakan. During the Second World War, Berdavan lost more than half of the male population, and during the First Nagorno-Karabakh War the village was heavily shelled.
Historically, the village was called Tkhadzor, then Ghalacha, and in 1978 it was renamed Berdavan. The village of Ghalacha was relocated in 1893 – 1900. The relocation was due to the presence of mosquitos which were thought to bring malaria, but at the new site there were problems with access to drinking water.
The village has a monument dedicated to the people who died in World War 2. Berdavan Fortress is located on a nearby hilltop.
The school in Ghalacha was opened in 1906, after a period when there were no official schools in the area.
- Berdavan, Armenia at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazeteer: Armenia – World-Gazetteer.com
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, Statistical Committee of Armenia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berdavan, Tavush.|
|This article about a location in Tavush Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|