Bill Dean (politician)
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives from the 74th District|
|Assumed office |
April 12, 2016
|Preceded by||Bob Hackett|
Bill Dean is the state representative for the 74th District of the Ohio House of Representatives. He is a Republican. The district includes Madison County as well as portions of Clark County and Greene County.
Life and career
Dean is a lifelong resident of Xenia, Ohio and has been a licensed plumber for over thirty years. For the past twenty-six years, Dean has owned and operated Dean's Plumbing, based in Xenia and serving southwest Ohio. He has been married for over forty years and is the father of ten.
Ohio House of Representatives
In 2016, Dean filed to run for the 74th District of the Ohio House of Representatives to replace Bob Hackett, who was term limited. Dean was one of four to file for the Republican primary in a district that leaned overwhelmingly Republican. Against his three opponents, Dean went on to win the nomination with nearly 38% of the vote.
When Senator Chris Widener resigned from his seat in the Ohio Senate prior the expiration of his term, Bob Hackett was appointed to replace him, vacating his seat in Ohio House. Soon after, Speaker of the House Cliff Rosenberger stated that whoever won the Republican primary would be seated to succeed Hackett. As a result, Dean was seated on April 12, 2016, following his primary victory.
Dean will have to run for his first full term in the fall of 2016.
- "Four vie for 74th District Republican nomination". Springfield News Sun. 2016-03-11. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Voter's Guide". Dayton Daily News. 2016-03-14. Archived from the original on 2016-05-07. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Dean wins state rep contest". Madison Press. 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Widener endorses Hackett for his seat on Ohio State Senate". Madison Press. 2016-01-15. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- Ohio State Representative Bill Dean official site
| Ohio House of Representatives, 74th District