Billy Mitchell Airport
|Billy Mitchell Airport|
Airport terminal, May 2009
|Owner||National Park Service|
|Serves||Hatteras, North Carolina|
|Location||Cape Hatteras National Seashore|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
Billy Mitchell Airport (IATA: HNC, ICAO: KHSE, FAA LID: HSE) is a public use airport located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) east of the central business district of Hatteras, in Dare County, North Carolina, United States. The airport is located in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and is owned by the National Park Service. It is named after United States Army Air Service General Billy Mitchell, and is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Billy Mitchell Airport is assigned HSE by the FAA and HNC by the IATA. The airport's ICAO identifier is KHSE.
Facilities and aircraft
Billy Mitchell Airport covers an area of 100 acres (40 ha) at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,002 by 75 feet (915 x 23 m).
- FAA Airport Master Record for HSE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective Mar 2, 2017.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- "Billy Mitchell Airport (ICAO: KHSE, FAA: HSE, IATA: HNC)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Billy Mitchell – HSE (KHSE)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- Billy Mitchell Airport
- "Billy Mitchell Airport (HSE)" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1993 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HSE, effective August 16, 2018
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|