Bishop of Bradwell
The Bishop of Bradwell is an episcopal title used by an area bishop of the Church of England Diocese of Chelmsford, in the Province of Canterbury, England. The title takes its name after the town of Bradwell-on-Sea in Essex; the See was erected by Order in Council dated 20 December 1967.
The bishops of Bradwell have been Area Bishops since the Chelmsford area scheme was erected in 1983. The Bishop of Bradwell has in his episcopal area 175 churches in 137 parishes. The Bishop of Bradwell's Area – the Bradwell Episcopal Area - comprises nine Deaneries in two Archdeaconries - Chelmsford and Southend. The Archdeaconry of Chelmsford comprises the Deaneries of Brentwood, Chelmsford North, Chelmsford South, and Maldon & Dengie. The Archdeaconry of Southend comprises the Deaneries of Thurrock, Basildon, Hadleigh, Rochford, and Southend-on-Sea.
The Bishop of Bradwell has his house and office base in Horndon-on-the-Hill. The current bishop is John Perumbalath.
List of the bishops
|Bishops of Bradwell|
|1973||1976||John Gibbs||Translated to Coventry|
|1976||1993||Derek Bond||First area bishop from 1983.|
|2012||2017||John Wraw||Previously Archdeacon of Wilts; died in post, 25 July 2017.|
|2018||present||John Perumbalath||Previously Archdeacon of Barking; Announced 9 March 2018; consecrated 3 July.|
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. pp. 945–946. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- "No. 44479". The London Gazette. 21 December 1967. p. 14052.
- "4: The Dioceses Commission, 1978–2002" (PDF). Church of England. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Diocese of Chelmsford web-site
- Crockford's Clerical Directory - Listings
- Chelmsford diocese: Bradwell Area Fact Sheet
- Chelmsford diocese: Our area bishops
- Chelmsford diocese: Map of Episcopal Areas, Archdeaneries and Deaneries[permanent dead link]
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|