The Blackout Crew are a five piece bouncy house/rap act from Halliwell, Bolton in Greater Manchester, once called the Bards of Oldham. England who had a hit album in the United Kingdom in 2009 with Time 2 Shine, which peaked at number 42. The album contained three singles, "Bbbbbounce", "Put a Donk on It" and "Dialled".
The lines "You know what you wanna do with that, right? You wanna put a bangin' donk on it", sampled from the song "Put a Donk on It", has frequently been used in the opening of the BBC Radio 2/BBC Radio 6 Music programme Radcliffe & Maconie, being generally favoured by Mark Radcliffe. Blackout Crew member MC Cover provided a B-side remix for British electronic group Metronomy's 2008 single "A Thing for Me".
- Jordan Cover (MC Cover)
- Rhian Taylor (MC Manager)
- Kevin Allison (MC Dowie)
- Kurtis Chadwick (MC Viper)
- Robert Davies (MC Rapid)
- Tony Heaton (MC Raver)
- Zak Kabbani (MC Zak K)
The Blackout Crew's tracks were produced by Charlie Barratt, who also appears in their videos.
- Charts Plus, edition 421
- "Official Charts Company - Blackout Crew - Time 2 Shine". archive.is. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Official Charts Company".
- "Blackout Crew". Discogs.com. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "The Blackout Crew - Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "The Blackout Crew - Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Former Blackout Crew producer in line for award". The Bolton News. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|