Blues Brothers 2000 (video game)
|Blues Brothers 2000|
North American Nintendo 64 cover art
Blues Brothers 2000 is a platform game for the Nintendo 64 console, released by Titus Interactive. The game is a platformer, loosely based on the band and the film. Due to major delays it was released two years after the film of the same name but in the year the film was set.
This section needs expansion with: examples and additional citations. You can help by adding to it. (August 2018)
The game player starts out as Elwood in prison who needs to get the band together for the battle of the bands, which is in less than two days. After saving the guitarist, Cab, then defeating the warden, the player progresses through Chicago, in hopes of finding Mac and Buster. After going about the rooftops, the player enters Willie's Club, where Mac is being held captive. After defeating Willie, Mac says that Buster has escaped to the old graveyard. Arriving there, the player finds that an evil tree has put Buster in a cage. The final battle takes place in a swamp.
The game was met with mixed to negative reception upon release; GameRankings gave it a score of 50.89%, while Metacritic gave it 32 out of 100. The earliest review came from Nintendo Power, which gave it a score of 6.8 out of 10 in the August issue, even though the game itself was not released in North America until three months later.
- Lewis, Cory D. (September 5, 2000). "Blues Brothers 2000". IGN. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- "Blues Brothers 2000 for Nintendo 64". GameRankings. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Blues Brothers 2000 for Nintendo 64 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Lewis, Rachel (February 13, 2001). "Blues Brothers 2000 Review". GameSpot. Archived from the original on November 2, 2001. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- "Blues Brothers 2000". Nintendo Power. 135: 119. August 2000.
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|