|Full name||Bongani Patrick Jele|
|Born||1 April 1986|
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
|ODIs umpired||11 (2016–2020)|
|T20Is umpired||13 (2017–2020)|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 4 March 2020
Bongani Jele (born 1 April 1986) is a South African cricket umpire. He is part of Cricket South Africa's umpire panel for first-class matches. Along with Adrian Holdstock he umpired the final of the 2015–16 Ram Slam T20 Challenge in December 2015 and he stood in the first-class tour match between South Africa A and England XI later the same month.
He stood in his first One Day International (ODI) match, between Australia and Ireland in Benoni, South Africa, on 27 September 2016. He stood in his first Twenty20 International (T20I) match, between South Africa and Sri Lanka in Johannesburg, on 22 January 2017. In January 2020, he was named as one of the sixteen umpires for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup tournament in South Africa.
- "Bongani Jele". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "CSA promotes seven umpires to Reserve List Panel". Cricket South Africa. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Agenbag and Fritz break new ground for SA Cricket". Cricket South Africa. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Ram Slam T20 Challenge, Final: Titans v Dolphins at Centurion, Dec 12, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "England tour of South Africa, Tour Match: South Africa A v England XI at Pietermaritzburg, Dec 20-22, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Australia tour of South Africa, Only ODI: Australia v Ireland at Benoni, Sep 27, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Sports Media. 27 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Sri Lanka tour of South Africa, 2nd T20I: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Johannesburg, Jan 22, 2017". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Sports Media. 22 January 2017. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Match officials named for ICC U19 Cricket World Cup". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
|This biographical article related to a South African cricket person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|