Brendan Rodgers (baseball)
Rodgers with the Rockies in 2019
|Colorado Rockies – No. 7|
|Born: August 9, 1996|
Winter Park, Florida
|May 17, 2019, for the Colorado Rockies|
|MLB statistics |
|Runs batted in||9|
Brendan Austin Rodgers (born August 9, 1996) is an American professional baseball infielder for the Colorado Rockies of Major League Baseball (MLB). He was drafted third overall by the Rockies in the 2015 MLB draft.
Rodgers attended Lake Mary High School in Lake Mary, Florida. As a sophomore, Rodgers verbally committed to Florida State University to play college baseball. As a junior, he hit .397 with nine home runs.
Rodgers was drafted by the Colorado Rockies with the third overall pick of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed with the Rockies, and made his professional debut with the Grand Junction Rockies of the Rookie-level Pioneer League, where he spent the whole season, batting .273 with three home runs and 20 RBIs in 37 games. He spent 2016 with the Asheville Tourists where he hit .281 with 19 home runs and 73 RBIs in 110 games, and 2017 with both the Lancaster JetHawks and the Hartford Yard Goats, batting a combined .336 with 18 home runs, 64 RBIs and a .940 OPS in 89 games between both teams. In 2018, he played for both Hartford and the Albuquerque Isotopes, compiling a combined .268 batting average with 17 home runs and 67 RBIs in 114 games.
He opened the 2019 season back with Albuquerque. On May 17, his contract was selected and he was called up to the major leagues. He made his major league debut that night versus the Philadelphia Phillies.
- "A Day In The Life: Brendan Rodgers". BaseballAmerica.com. 11 December 2014.
- Orlando Sentinel (4 April 2015). "Lake Mary shortstop nears chance to fulfill dream as baseball draft pick – Orlando Sentinel". OrlandoSentinel.com.
- "Path to the Draft: Top prospect Brendan Rodgers works daily to keep his dream going". Major League Baseball.
- "Top Draft prospect Brendan Rodgers crushes homer in high school game". Major League Baseball.
- Nick Groke The Denver Post (8 June 2015). "Rockies draft Brendan Rodgers, a high school shortstop, with No. 3 pick".
- "Third overall pick Brendan Rodgers homers, collects three hits in debut with Rookie-level Grand Junction Rockies – MiLB.com News – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com.
- "Brendan Rodgers Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- "Brendan Rodgers Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- RotoWire Staff (March 16, 2019). "Rockies' Brendan Rodgers: Won't break camp with big club". CBS Sports. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Patrick Saunders (March 17, 2019). "Rockies' Brendan Rodgers brings hot bat, sweet swing to his MLB debut". The Denver Post. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- Thomas Harding (March 18, 2019). "Rox callup Rodgers nets RBI in 1st MLB at-bat". MLB.com. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Brendan Rodgers on Twitter
- Brendan Rodgers on Instagram
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball shortstop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|