C. K. Nandan
|Born||14 October 1963|
|Domestic team information|
|ODIs umpired||7 (2016–2019)|
|T20Is umpired||18 (2015–2019)|
Source: CricketArchive, 11 December 2019
C K Nandan (born 14 October 1963) is a cricket umpire and former player. His playing career included three first-class matches for Karnataka, over a period from 1983 to 1988. He made his umpiring debut in 1999, and has since umpired in various Indian domestic competitions, including Ranji Trophy and Indian Premier League matches. (Alias O Nandan)
Born in Delhi, before making his first-class debut, Nandan played representative matches for Karnataka schools and under-22 teams, and also appeared in inter-university matches for Bangalore University. A wicket-keeper, he made his Ranji Trophy debut in December 1983, playing the first match of the season against Hyderabad before being dropped. On debut, he played solely as a batsman, with future Indian national team player Sadanand Viswanath keeping wicket. Nandan's next first-class appearance came late in the 1984–85 season, in his team's Ranji semi-final against Delhi. Both of Karnataka's first-choice wicket-keepers, Sadanand Viswanath and Syed Kirmani, were unavailable for the match. Nandan recorded four dismissals (three catches and a stumping) in Delhi's only innings, with Karnataka eliminated on its first innings total. His third and final Ranji appearance came in December 1988, when he played against Kerala, making 20 runs in the second innings (his highest first-class score).
Nandan made his Ranji Trophy debut as an umpire during the 1999–2000 season, umpiring two matches between Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir (one in the main tournament, and one in the one-day equivalent). In December 2003, he umpired a women's One Day International (ODI) between India and New Zealand, which was his maiden ODI Beginning from the 2011–12 season, when the West Indies toured, Nandan has occasionally been a reserve umpire for India's home ODI series, and on one occasion for a home Test, when England toured during the 2012–13 season. At the 2014 Asia Cup in Bangladesh, he was the third umpire for four matches (including the final between Pakistan and Sri Lanka), his first series outside of India. Nandan made his IPL umpiring debut during the tournament's 2013 edition, and has since also umpired in the 2014 and 2015 tournaments, as well as the 2014 Champions League. He was the fourth umpire for both the 2014 and 2015 IPL finals. He stood in his first Twenty20 International match on 5 October 2015, in the game between India and South Africa. He stood in his first One Day International match on 29 October 2016, in the game between India and New Zealand.
- List of Indian Premier League umpires
- List of One Day International cricket umpires
- List of Twenty20 International cricket umpires
- Miscellaneous matches played by CK Nandan – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- First-class matches played by CK Nandan – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- Hyderabad v Karnataka, Ranji Trophy 1983/84 (South Zone) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- Karnataka v Delhi, Ranji Trophy 1984/85 (Semi-Final) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- Kerala v Karnataka, Ranji Trophy 1988/89 (South Zone) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as umpire in first-class matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as umpire in List A matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- He served as a TV umpire in the fourth ODI (India v. New Zealand. His maiden Men's ODI umpiring debut as an On-field umpire was during the 5th ODI (Ind v. New Zealand)CK Nandan as umpire in women's ODI matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as reserve umpire in ODI matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as reserve umpire in Test matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as TV umpire in ODI matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as umpire in twenty20 matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- CK Nandan as reserve umpire in Indian Premier League matches – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "South Africa tour of India, 2nd T20I: India v South Africa at Cuttack, Oct 5, 2015". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "New Zealand tour of India, 5th ODI: India v New Zealand at Visakhapatnam, Oct 29, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Match officials appointed for U19 Cricket World Cup". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 4 January 2018.