Cape Spencer (Antarctica)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Cape Spencer (68°24′S 147°29′E / 68.400°S 147.483°E / -68.400; 147.483) is an ice-covered point marking on the east the seaward end of the depression occupied by the Ninnis Glacier, located in George V Land.

It was discovered by the Australasian Antarctic Expedition (1911-14) under Douglas Mawson. He named it in 1911 for Sir Baldwin Spencer, the Director of the National Museum in Melbourne.

References[edit]

 This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document: "Cape Spencer (Antarctica)". (content from the Geographic Names Information SystemEdit this at Wikidata