|Born||5 January 1962|
Pompei, Naples, Italy
Abbagnale received a gold medal in coxed pairs, with Giuseppe Di Capua (cox) and his older brother Giuseppe, at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, and again at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. The crew won silver medals at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona behind another pair of brothers, Greg and Jonny Searle.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Carmine Abbagnale". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020.
- "Abbagnale new Italian Rowing president". worldrowing.com. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
The Italian Rowing Federation has a new president. He is Giuseppe Abbagnale, the three-time Olympic medallist and from Italy’s most famed rowing family of Carmine, Agostino and Giuseppe Abbagnale.
- "1984 Summer Olympics – Los Angeles, United States – Rowing" Archived 17 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine databaseOlympics.com. Retrieved on 13 May 2008.
- "1988 Summer Olympics – Seoul, South Korea – Rowing" Archived 31 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine databaseOlympics.com. Retrieved on 13 May 2008.
- "1992 Summer Olympics – Barcelona, Spain – Rowing" Archived 23 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine databaseOlympics.com. Retrieved on 13 May 2008.