|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baths.|
Public baths are also known as bathhouses, hammams, and Turkish baths. Public baths contain facilities such as baths, showers, swimming pools, massage tables, saunas and steam rooms. Where they were referred to as wash-houses, the baths were co-located with facilities for washing clothes, a precursor of the self-service laundry. Proper washing facilities, for bodies and clothes, are an important component of public health, and so public baths are significant in the history of sanitation.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Former public baths (1 C, 24 P)
- ► Thermal baths in Hungary (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Thermal baths in Kosovo (1 P)
- ► Ottoman baths (2 C, 11 P)
- ► Public baths in Australia (6 P)
- ► Public baths in Canada (2 P)
- ► Public baths in Denmark (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Public baths in Japan (5 P)
- ► Public baths in Scandinavia (4 P)
- ► Public baths in Spain (5 P)
- ► Public baths in Switzerland (7 P)
- ► Public baths in the Arab world (9 P)
- ► Public baths in Turkey (6 P)
- ► Spas (6 C, 47 P)
Pages in category "Public baths"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).