This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dean Catherine Dauvergne
|Known for||Making People Illegal: What Globalization Means for Migration and Law|
|Institutions||Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia|
Catherine Dauvergne is the Dean of the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia since 2015. Prior to this Dauvergne researched refugee, immigration, and citizenship law as a professor.
Dauvergne studied law at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and clerked for Chief Justice Antonio Lamer. She completed her PhD at the Australian National University and was a member of the Faculty of Law at the University of Sydney for four years before returning to Canada. From 2002 to 2012, Dauvergne held the Canada Research Chair in Migration Law at UBC. Dauvergne's 2008 book Making People Illegal: What Globalization Means for Migration and Law (Cambridge University Press) has been reprinted three times. She has also worked as a Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Fellow.
- Making People Illegal: What Globalization Means for Migration and Law, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Gendering Canada's Refugee Process, Status of Women Canada, 2006 (with co-authors Leonora Angeles and Agnes Huang)
- Humanitarianism, Identity and Nation, UBC Press, 2005 ISBN 0-7748-1112-9
- Jurisprudence for an Interconnected Globe (edited by Catherine Dauvergne). Aldershot and Burlington: Ashgate, 2003. ISBN 0-7546-2282-7
- "Peter A. Allard School of Law | Introducing Dean Catherine Dauvergne". www.allard.ubc.ca.
- "Peter A. Allard School of Law | Catherine Dauvergne". www.allard.ubc.ca.
- "Catherine Dauvergne – MigrantWorkersRights". www.migrantworkersrights.net.
- "ANU". ANU.
- "In Search of Asylum". alumni.ubc.ca. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- "Making people illegal what globalization means migration and law | Human rights". Cambridge University Press.
- "Catherine Dauvergne". Fondation Trudeau. September 12, 2012.
- Pallavolo, Federazione Italiana (2009). "Regole di gioco e casistica: 2009-2012".
- "Humanitarianism, Identity, and Nation". Archived from the original on 2015-07-15. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "9780754622826 - Jurisprudence for an Interconnected Globe Applied Legal Philosophy - AbeBooks". www.abebooks.com.