Cerro Coso Community College
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Public community college|
|Campus||18,000 square miles (47,000 km2)|
|Affiliations||Kern Community College District|
Cerro Coso Community College is a public community college in the Eastern Sierra region of Southern California. It was established in 1973 as a separate college within the Kern Community College District. The college offers traditional and online courses and two-year degrees. The college serves an area of approximately 18,000-square-miles. Cerro Coso has five instructional sites: Eastern Sierra Center Bishop and Mammoth Lakes, Indian Wells Valley, Kern River Valley, and South Kern. The college also has an Incarcerated Student Education Program in two locations, the California City Correctional Facility and Tehachapi California Correctional Institution.
Indian Wells Valley Campus
The 420-acre (1.7 km2) Indian Wells Valley Campus (IWV) is in the upper Mojave Desert near Ridgecrest, California, 160 miles (260 km) northeast of Los Angeles. It is the largest of the Cerro Coso campuses and enrolls about 28,000 students. It serves the communities of Ridgecrest, China Lake, Inyokern, and Trona. This center provides educational services to military and civilian personnel on the base.
Kern River Valley Campus
East Kern Campus
The 50-acre (20 ha) East Kern Campus is located at Edwards Air Force Base and enrolls about 1,000 students. It serves the communities of Edwards Air Force Base, Mojave, Boron, and California City as well as locations in San Bernardino and Kern counties.
Eastern Sierra Campus
The Eastern Sierra Campus serves Bishop, Mammoth Lakes, Big Pine, Lone Pine, Independence, Death Valley. The Mammoth Campus offers on-campus housing at South Gateway Student Apartments, owned and operated by Mammoth Lakes Foundation.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-02-01. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Educational Master Plan Retrieved 2010-02-01
- California, State of. "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Data Mart". datamart.cccco.edu. Retrieved 3 October 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Cerro Coso Community College - Main website". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Indian Wells Valley Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kern River Valley Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "South Kern Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Archived from the original on 2009-02-24. Retrieved 2009-03-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Eastern Sierra College Center". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "South Gateway Student Apartments". Mammothstudentapartments.org. Archived from the original on 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2013-06-17. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)