Chennai Superstars was one of the nine teams played in the defunct Indian Cricket League (ICL) founded in 2007. The team is based in Chennai, coached by Michael Bevan and captained by Stuart Law, both reputed Australian cricketers.
The team had the distinction of winning the first two championships of Indian Cricket League, the ICL Inaugural T20 held in 2007 and the ICL 50 Overs Tournament held in 2008. They earned the third place in the third ICL tournament, ICL Edelweiss 20s held in 2008 and the runners place in ICL Domestic 20s 2008.
Coaches and Support Staff
- Coach – Michael Bevan
- Assistant Coach & Mentor – Kharsan Ghavri
- Physiotherapist – Anthony Smith
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – Corey Bocking
- Massage-therapist – Julia Russel, Flavier Lia
- Ian Harvey (Australia)
- Stuart Law (Australia) (Captain)
- Nantie Hayward (South Africa)
- Russel Arnold (Sri Lanka)
- Shabbir Ahmed (Pakistan)
- R Sathish (Chennai) (Vice Captain)
- Hemang Badani (Chennai)
- G Vignesh (Chennai)
- Tamil Kumaran (Chennai)
- Hemanth Kumar (Chennai)
- Syed Mohammed (Chennai)
- Thiru Kumaran (Chennai)
- J. Hareish (Chennai)
- Vasanth Sarvanan (Tamil Nadu)
- Rajamani Jesuraj (Tamil Nadu)
- Vasudevan Devendran (Chennai)
- Vivek Parikh (Gujarat)
|ICL 20-20 Indian Championship 2007–08||Winners|
|2008 Indian Cricket League 50s||Winners|
|ICL 20s Grand Championship 2007–08||3rd place|
|2008 Indian Cricket League 20-20 Domestic Tournament||Runner-up|
|2008 Indian Cricket League 20-20 Indian Championship, 2008/09||3rd place|
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Sanjeev Martin (Tamil Nadu) and Sridharan Sriram (Chennai) who played for Chennai Superstars in ICL 50s in 2008 season joined the Ahmedabad Rockets from the Edelweiss T20s in 2008 season.
- Chris Read (England) who played for Chennai Superstars in 2007 season was replaced by Adam Parore (New Zealand) from the Edelweiss T20s in 2008 season who was in turn replaced by Nantie Hayward (South Africa) in 2008-2009 season.
- R.Sathish, G.Vignesh, J.Syed Mohammed and Thiru Kumaran played for ICL India in the 2008 Indian Cricket League World Series. Shabbir Ahmed represented ICL Pakistan while Russel Arnold and Ian Harvey represented ICL World in the same tournament.
- Coach Michael Bevan played three matches for the side in the ICL Edelweiss 20s held in 2008
- Chennai Superstars have been placed in the top 10 of Bartercard Power Rankings for T20 teams
- Rediff staff (14 November 2007). "ICL announces team lists". Rediff. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- Cricinfo staff (14 November 2007). "IPlayer roster for six teams finalised". Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- Sify India (17 December 2007). "Chennai Superstars win inaugural ICL tournament". Sify. Retrieved 17 December 2007.
- Rediff India (28 January 2008). "Chennai Superstars win inaugural ICL 50 overs tournament". Rediff. Retrieved 28 January 2008.
|This article about a cricket team in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|