This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Perth, Western Australia|
|Pen name||Chris Broadribb, C. A. Broadribb|
|Education||Master of Arts (Professional Writing), Graduate Diploma (Journalism)|
|Alma mater||University of Technology, Sydney|
|Notable works||Nice Day for a Murder|
|Notable awards||Multiple, see below|
Chris Broadribb is an award-winning Australian writer who has written three novels and over 60 short pieces of fiction over the last forty years. Born and raised in Perth, Western Australia, she has been writing since the age of six. Translating her passion for literature into her adult life, she obtained a Master of Arts (Professional Writing) and a Graduate Diploma (Journalism) from the University of Technology, Sydney.
The most notable of her published works is her 2005 novel titled Nice Day for a Murder. This piece of Australian crime fiction is part of the collection of works held at the National Library of Australia. Broadribb's range of writing genres is diverse: She has also written several short stories for children, having also written a popular children's book called Sarah's Adventure in 2006.
Broadribb is also an accomplished non-fiction writer, having written over 100 works for a broad range of publications. Her book reviews, film reviews and travellers’ guides have been published in many notable online publications including 21D Magazine, a not-for-profit literary and art magazine publishing “original works of fiction, non-fiction articles, poetry, photography, illustrations and other artwork”.
Other Projects: Chris Broadribb is the creator of the Best of Times Short Story Competition. Aimed at aspiring writers across Australia, this competition has been held twice yearly since 2006, with awards distributed in September and April.
- I Tied an Onion to my Belt, 2015, ISBN 9781310356933
- Wisdom from the Web, 2014
- Sarah’s Adventure, 2006, ISBN 9781310516221
- Nice Day for a Murder, 2005, ISBN 1740083423
Awards and other publications
- Joint Editors Award, ZineWest 2014
- Special Commendation, Scarlet Stiletto Awards, 2010
- Innovation Category, Scarlet Stiletto Awards, 2009
- Highly Commended, Katharine Susannah Prichard Speculative Fiction Award, 2004
- "Interview with Chris Broadribb on SmashWords".
- "Nice Day for a Murder listing at the National Library of Australia".
- "Review of "Sarah's Adventure" on the official NSW Writers Centre website".
- "Publication listing for Chris Broadribb on the official AusLit website".
- "List of contributing authors at 21D Magazine". Archived from the original on 21 April 2015.
- "Wisdom from the Web on Amazon.com".
- "I Tied an Onion to my Belt on SmashWords".
- "Best of Times Short Story Competition".
- "Zine West 2014 Publication List". 4 July 2014. Archived from the original on 10 February 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "The 17th Scarlet Stiletto Awards' Results". 29 November 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Winners of the 16th Scarlet Stiletto Awards". 28 November 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2015.