Ambassador Chris Westdal (September 13, 1947 in Swan River Valley, Manitoba) obtained a bachelor's degree in political science from St.John's College in Winnipeg. is a Canadian diplomat and former Ambassador to Ireland, September 2006 to December 2006, and Russia, between the years 2003–2006.; Mr. Westdal served as Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva from 1999 to 2003; He was the ambassador to Ukraine from January 1996 to August 1998.; South Africa from 1991 to 1993 and Bangladesh & Burma from 1982 to 1985. Mr. Westdal's assignments abroad included India and Nepal from 1973 to 1975, responsible for Canadian International Development Agency ("CIDA") programming and Tanzania from 1970 to 1973.
Westdal is a member of the Canada Eurasia Russia Business Association (CERBA). 
- Canada names new ambassador to Ukraine. The Ukrainian Weekly No. 37 sunday, september 10, 1995
- List of Canadian ambassadors and high commissioners to Ireland
- "Arms Control Association". Archived from the original on 2008-10-12. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Thunder Bay Post Notice[dead link]
- Canadian Government Site Ukraine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-10. Retrieved 2014-03-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This Canadian diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|