Christ Church, Cockfosters
|Christ Church, Cockfosters|
|Location||Chalk Lane, Cockfosters, EN4 9JQ|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Dedicated||9 April 1839|
|Diocese||Diocese of London|
|Curate(s)||James Knowles, Jon Featherstone|
|Director of music||David Gibson|
The church was founded by Robert Cooper Lee Bevan, a member of the family who also founded Barclays Bank, and the funerary monument to the Bevan family is the largest single monument in the graveyard at Christ Church. The church was designed by Henry Edward Kendall, and consecrated by Bishop Blomfield on 9 April 1839.
In 1898, the church was renovated and redesigned by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Tubular bells were later installed as part of a monument to former pupils of Heddon Court School who died during the First World War.