Christopher Nixon Cox
Christopher Nixon Cox
Cox in 2020
|Alma mater||Princeton University (AB)|
New York University (JD)
|Occupation||Financial advisor, consultant, lawyer, businessman|
(m. 2011; div. 2014)
|Parent(s)||Edward F. Cox|
Tricia Nixon Cox
|Relatives||Julie Nixon Eisenhower (maternal aunt)|
Richard Nixon (maternal grandfather)
Pat Nixon (maternal grandmother)
Christopher Nixon Cox (born March 14, 1979) is an American lawyer based in New York. He is the son of Tricia Nixon Cox and Edward F. Cox and grandson of President Richard Nixon and First Lady Pat Nixon.
Early life and education
Christopher Nixon Cox was born and raised in New York, the only child of former New York State GOP Chairman Edward F. Cox and Tricia Nixon Cox, older daughter of Richard Nixon, 37th president of the United States from 1969 to 1974.
He graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University with a B.A. in Politics. He then went on to receive his J.D. from NYU School of Law and a certificate in finance from the NYU Stern School of Business.
Cox served as Senator John McCain’s Executive Director for New York State during the 2008 presidential campaign and is co-founder of the consulting firm, OC Global Partners, LLC where he advises US companies on selling their products in new markets abroad and bringing in capital allowing them to expand their business and grow their workforce in America.
Previously, Cox was a corporate associate at the law firm of Weil, Gotshal & Manges in their New York office where he worked in the Private Equity Group.
2010 Congressional Election
In 2010, Cox finished third in the Republican primary for New York's 1st congressional district, behind businessman Randy Altschuler and former SEC Enforcement Attorney George Demos. He was endorsed by the Suffolk County 9/12 Project.
Cox was also endorsed by Steve Forbes, State Senate Republican Leader Dean Skelos, Suffolk County Conservative Party First Executive Chairman Bill Fries, and State Senator Marty Golden. Cox was also endorsed by several former contestants in the race, including Gary Berntsen and New York State Assemblyman Mike Fitzpatrick (R – Smithtown).
On June 4, 2011, Cox married Andrea Catsimatidis, daughter of Gristedes billionaire John Catsimatidis, at the Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity on New York's Upper East Side. The couple filed for divorce on December 17, 2014.
- "Son born to Nixon daughter". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. March 15, 1979.
- "Chris Cox: Nixon Grandson Running for Congress « Liveshots". Liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com. January 29, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-05-15. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "Christopher Nixon Cox Joins Nixon Foundation Board of Directors". Richard Nixon Foundation. Nov 18, 2016. Retrieved Sep 25, 2019.
- Hicks, Jonathan P. (January 29, 2008). "A Nixon Grandson Leads McCain's New York Effort". The New York Times. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Strassel, Kimberley A. (August 19, 2010). "Kim Strassel: New York's GOP Never Learns - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "The Suffolk County 912 Blog". Suffolk912.com. Archived from the original on 2010-06-03. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "Jeb Bush Endorses Chris Cox For Congress". The Suffolk County Republican. July 21, 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-01-08. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- Haberman, Maggie (July 21, 2010). "Jeb Bush for Chris Cox in NY-1 – Maggie Haberman". Politico.Com. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- Katz, Celeste (July 21, 2010). "Jeb Bush Endorses Chris Cox For Congress In NY-1". New York: Nydailynews.com. Archived from the original on August 8, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "Steve Forbes Endorses Chris Cox in NY Congressional Primary". Newsmax. Sep 10, 2010. Retrieved Sep 25, 2019.
- "Skelos For Chris Cox". Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Chris Cox Endorsed for Congress by Suffolk County Conservative Party First Executive Chairman William Fries". Archived from the original on 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Chris Cox Endorsed by NYS Senator Marty Golden (Brooklyn)". Archived from the original on 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Berntsen For Chris Cox, Citing McCain". Archived from the original on 2010-09-07. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- Sunday July 25, 2010 5:38 PM By Dan Janison (July 25, 2010). "1st C.D.: Cox hails backing of Assemb. Fitzpatrick in primary". Newsday.com. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- Buckley, Cara (June 16, 2011). "Andrea Catsimatidis and Christopher Cox". New York Times. Retrieved June 20, 2011.
- "Christopher Nixon Cox and Andrea Catsimatidis plan lavish New York wedding – 700 guests and top power and political brokers invited". The New York Post. May 23, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Marsh, Julia (December 18, 2014). Catsimatidis’ daughter files for divorce from husband of 3 years. New York Post. Retrieved December 18, 2014.