Clare E. Connors
|16th Attorney General of Hawaii|
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Russell Suzuki|
Clare Elizabeth Connors
May 1974 (age 46)
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||Yale University (BA)|
Harvard University (JD)
Clare Elizabeth Connors (born May 1974) is an American attorney who is the 16th and current Attorney General of Hawaii. She was also a former nominee for United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Connors was raised in Hawaii and graduated from Punahou School. She subsequently received a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in 1996 from Yale College, and went on to obtain a Juris Doctor in 2002 from Harvard Law School. Connors began her legal career as a law clerk to Judge David Alan Ezra of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, from 2002 to 2003. From 2003 to 2004, she served as a Trial Attorney in the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice and also served on detail as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia. From 2004 to 2011, she served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Hawaii. From 2011 to 2019, she was an attorney at the law firm of Davis Levin Livingston, in Honolulu, Hawaii, where her practice focused on civil litigation.
Expired nomination to federal district court
On September 8, 2015, President Obama nominated Connors to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, to the seat vacated by Judge Susan Oki Mollway, who took senior status on November 6, 2015. She received a hearing on her nomination on January 27, 2016. On April 14, 2016 her nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. Her nomination expired on January 3, 2017, with the end of the 114th Congress.
Appointment as Attorney General of Hawaii
- "Clare Connors". University of Hawaii at Manoa William S. Richardson School of Law. Archived from the original on 29 October 2018. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Davis Levin Livingston"
- "President Obama Nominates Three to Serve on the United States District Courts" White House, September 8, 2015
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate" White House, September 8, 2015
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Nominations for January 27, 2016
- United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Results of Executive Business Meeting – April 14, 2016
- Lovell, Blaze. "Ige Selects Trial Lawyer To Be Hawaii's New Attorney General". Honolulu Civil Beat. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Hawaii Senate confirms Clare Connors as attorney general". Honolulu Star-Advertiser. 23 April 2019. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
| Attorney General of Hawaii
|This American law–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|