Colegio Militar metro station
|STC rapid transit|
Station entrance sign, 22 December 2006
Popotla, Miguel Hidalgo
|Platforms||2 side platform|
|Opened||14 September 1970|
Metro Colegio Militar is a station on Line 2 of the Mexico City Metro system. It is located in the Miguel Hidalgo municipality of Mexico City, northwest of the city centre, on Calzada México-Tacuba. In 2019 the station had an average ridership of 15,275 passengers per day.
Name and pictogram
Colegio Militar means Military College and the station was named in reference to the Heroic Military College that existed in the vicinity of the Popotla neighbourhood from 1920, when it was inaugurated by President Venustiano Carranza, until 1976, when it was moved to its current location in the south of Mexico City.
Metro Colegio Militar serves the Colonia Anáhuac and Colonia Un Hogar para Nosotros neighborhood. The same facilities where the Military Academy once stood now house the Universidad del Ejército y Fuerza Aérea Mexicanos (Mexican Army and Air Force University).
|Annual passenger ridership|
|Year||Ridership||Average daily||Rank||% Change||Ref.|
- North: Calzada México-Tacuba, Colonia Un Hogar para Nosotros
- Southwest: Calzada México-Tacuba and Felipe Carrillo Puerto street, Colonia Anáhuac
- Southeast: Calzada México-Tacuba and Felipe Carrillo Puerto street, Colonia Anáhuac
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2019" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- "Colegio Militar" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 10 October 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Colegio Militar » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Ejército y Fuerza Aérea Mexicanos" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colegio Militar (station).|