College Park East, Saskatoon
College Park East
Sidney L. Buckwold Park
College Park East location map
|Suburban Development Area||Lakewood|
|Neighbourhood||East College Park|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 8)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Councillor||Sarina Gersher|
|• Total||1.61 km2 (0.62 sq mi)|
|• Average Income||$67,946|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (UTC)|
|Website||East College Park Community Association|
College Park East is a primarily residential neighbourhood located in the east-central part of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The majority of its residents live in single-family detached dwellings, with a sizeable minority of high-density, multiple-unit dwellings. As of 2006, the area is home to 4,809 residents. The neighbourhood is considered a middle-income area, with an average family income of $67,946, an average dwelling value of $314,000 and a home ownership rate of 67.2%. According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $315,083.
The land where College Park East now exists was annexed in the period between 1970 and 1974. Home construction was at its peak from 1971 until 1980. Streets are named after Canadian universities and professors. The community is also widely known by the variant name East College Park.
Government and politics
Provincially, the area is divided by Boychuk Drive into the constituencies of Saskatoon University and Saskatoon Willowgrove. Saskatoon University is currently represented by Eric Olauson of the Saskatchewan Party since 2016. Saskatoon Willowgrove is currently represented by Ken Cheveldayoff of the Saskatchewan Party since 2003.
|Roland Michener School|
4215 DeGeer Street
|School board||Saskatoon Public School Division|
|Vice Principal||Lori Classen|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||Evan Hardy Collegiate|
|Website||Roland Michener School|
|St. Augustine School|
602 Boychuk Drive
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Vice Principal||Blaise Kirchgesner|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||St. Joseph High School|
|Website||St. Augustine School|
- Roland Michener School - public elementary, part of the Saskatoon Public School Division.
- St. Augustine School - separate (Catholic) elementary, part of Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
Parks and recreation
- Sidney L. Buckwold Park, district section - 6.9 acres (2.8 ha)
- Edward McCourt Park - 14.8 acres (6.0 ha)
- Sidney L. Buckwold Park, neighbourhood section - 26.2 acres (10.6 ha)
The College Park East Community Association provides neighbourhood residents with access to a broad range of quality sports, recreational, and leisure programs. The association operates a variety of programs out of Roland Michener and St. Augustine schools. Volunteers also organize fundraisers, stage community events, maintain and operate the community rink, put together a newsletter and work with the City on local concerns such as park development.
A traveling skate trailer, operated by the City of Saskatoon, stops at Roland Michener school to complement the skateboard service provided at the Lions Skate Park in Victoria Park for youths aged 5 – 14.
Commercial development includes a strip mall on Boychuk Drive and Laurentian Drive, and a convenience store and car wash on 8th Street and McKercher Drive. All other property in the neighbourhood is zoned as residential. 55 home-based businesses exist in the area. There is also strip-mall development on 8th Street just to the west of the community boundary.
College Park East is located within the Lakewood Suburban Development Area. It is bounded by 8th Street to the south, the CP Railway tracks to the east, College Drive to the north, and McKercher Drive to the west. Inside those boundaries, the roads are a mix of local roads and collector roads.
- "College Park East neighbourhood profile" (PDF). City of Saskatoon - City Planning Branch. 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "East College Park". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Community Services Department (Spring 2006). City Planning Branch (ed.). "Populace". 8 (1). City of Saskatoon: 5. Cite journal requires
- Current Members of Parliament, retrieved 2017-04-16
- Map of Provincal Constituencies in Saskatoon (PDF), retrieved 2017-04-16
- Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan - Members of the Legislative Assembly, retrieved 2017-04-16
- City Councillors - Saskatoon.ca, retrieved 2017-04-16
- Active List of Saskatchewan Schools/Programs (PDF), retrieved 2018-02-10
- Celebrating a Century of Faith and Learning - A History of Saskatoon's Catholic Schools. Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. 2015. p. 197. ISBN 978-0-9947443-0-2.
- "Roland Michener School". Saskatoon Public School Division. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "St. Augustine School". Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "College Park East Community Association". City of Saskatoon - Community Services Department. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Capital Budget - 2006 / Capital Plan - 2007-2010" (PDF). City of Saskatoon. January 23, 2006. p. 336. Retrieved 2010-04-07.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to College Park East.|