Colney Heath Mill
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Colney Heath Windmill|
|Mill name||Colney Heath Mill|
|No. of sails||Four sails|
|Auxiliary power||Steam engine|
|No. of pairs of millstones||Three pairs|
Colney Heath Mill is a four-storey tower mill It has a domed cap. There were four sails which drove three pairs of millstones.
- Edward Whitehead 1854–62
- Samuel Fairey 1862–75
- James Fairey 1867–75
- Henry James 1875–1900
- William James 1900–06
Reference for above:-
- Historic England. "Mill at Mill House, Coursers Road (west side), Colney Heath, St. Albans, Hertfordshire (1296524)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 10 June 2009.
- Moore, Cyril (1999). Hertfordshire Windmills and Windmillers. Sawbridgeworth: Windsup Publishing. pp. 63–64. ISBN 0-9533861-0-4.
- Windmill World webpage on Colney Heath Mill.