|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly from the 23rd Legislative District|
January 9, 1996 – January 10, 2006
|Preceded by||Chuck Haytaian|
|Succeeded by||Marcia A. Karrow|
|Born||November 14, 1944|
Staten Island, New York City, New York
Connie Myers (born November 14, 1944) is an American Republican Party politician, who served in the New Jersey General Assembly from 1996 to 2006, where she represented the 23rd Legislative District. Myers served in the Assembly on the Appropriations Committee and the Regulatory Oversight Committee.
A resident of Holland Township, New Jersey, Myers graduated in 1967 with a B.A. from the Montclair State University in English and was awarded an M.A. in 1990 from Rider University in Public Administration.
Myers served on the Hunterdon County Planning Board from 1992–1997 and on the Hunterdon County Board of Elections 1989-1995. She was an Alternate Delegate to the 1988 Republican National Convention. Myers served in the Administration of Governor of New Jersey Thomas Kean as special assistant to director of Division on Women in the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs and as legislative analyst in the New Jersey Department of Transportation from 1986-1989.
Myers did not seek reelection in 2005, and was succeeded by fellow Republican Marcia A. Karrow who took office on January 10, 2006.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 23rd Legislative District for the 2004-2006 legislative session were:
- "Assemblyman Myers' Legislative Website". Archived from the original on November 2, 2004. Retrieved 2005-11-01.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link), New Jersey Legislature. Accessed October 22, 2007.
- Manual of the Legislature of New Jersey: 2004 Edition, p. 275. Lawyers Diary and Manual, LLC, 1900. ISBN 9781577411871. Accessed February 15, 2018. "Connie Myers, Rep., Holland - Assemblywoman Myers was born in Staten Island, N.Y., on Nov. 14, 1944. She attended public schools in Essex County, and is a 1967 graduate of Montclair State College"
- Assemblyman Myers' Legislative Website at the Wayback Machine (archived November 2, 2004)
- New Jersey Voter Information Website 2003
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure form for 2004 (PDF)
|New Jersey General Assembly|
| New Jersey State Assemblyman - District 23
January 1996 - January 2006
Marcia A. Karrow
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|