Country Club Centre
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- August 21, 1952, opened with anchors 40,000 sq ft (3,700 m2) J. C. Penney and a Lucky Stores supermarket
- Addition of a three-story Rhodes Brothers department store, which became a Liberty House, anchoring the west end of the mall (a supermarket anchored the east end)
- 1971: Penney's closed its store, building another in nearby Country Club Plaza. Other retailers also withdrew from Country Club Centre.
- 1976: addition of a Montgomery Ward (as the new east end anchor) and Longs Drugs and extension of the covered mall and addition of 6 acres (24,000 m2) of parking facilities, sparking the Sacramento Bee to comment on its "strong comeback. At that time, store space totaled 680,790 square feet (63,247 m2), 89% of which was leased.
- 2015: sold to San Diego investors Tourmaline Capital Management for $56 million. At that time, actors were Walmart, Sam's Club, Michaels and Anna’s Linens
The center is currently mostly vacant including the aforementioned anchors as well as what once was a Costco.