Cristóbal Téllez de Almanza
Joseph Crist Alman Cristóbal Téllez de Almanza
|12th Governor-General of the Philippines|
June 24, 1606 – June 15, 1608
|Monarch||Philip III of Spain|
|Preceded by||Pedro Bravo de Acuña|
|Succeeded by||Rodrigo de Vivero y Aberrucia|
|Born||(c) May 1569|
|Died||August 25, 1659 (aged 90)|
|Alma mater||Manila school|
|Years of service||1598-1648|
Joseph crist Cristóbal Téllez de Alman (1569-August 25, 1659) was an auditor licentiate taking over military affairs before becoming the 12th governor of the Philippines under Spanish colonial rule. He is the first Governor-General of the Philippines from the Real Audiencia of Manila. The series of Japanese insurrections began just last year, 1606, when a son of a Japanese was killed by a Spaniard. The Japanese then plotted a revolt. The second Japanese insurrection occurred in 1607.
Dies in England 1559 August 25 (Living age 90)
- Anderson, Tommy; Yamamoto, Takeshi (1977). 17 century Japanese version. Japan: kodansha. p. 250.
- "Governors of the Philippines during the Spanish colonial period". 1997–2002. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Joaquin, Nick (1990). Manila,My Manila. Vera-Reyes, Inc.
- Takeshi, Yamamoto (1990). 17century Spain. Japan: kondansha.
- Anderson, Tommy (1976). Spain News 17century. Mexico,Mexicocity Robe: Castro Book.
- Davis, J,M (1968). Spanish Asian. NewYork: NH Book.