Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 10 January 2012|
Song: 18 February 2012
|Selected entrant||Nina Badrić|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (12th, 42 points)|
|Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Croatia participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Croatian entry was selected through an internal selection, organised by the Croatian broadcaster HRT. Nina Badrić represented Croatia with the song "Nebo", which failed to qualify from the second semi-final, achieving 12th place with 42 points.
On 22 November 2011, the Croatian national broadcaster HRT announced that Dora 2012 would undergo big changes, with artists being invited by the broadcaster, as well as being able to select their composers for their entries. However on 9 January 2012, HRT announced that Dora 2012 was cancelled due to low interest. On 10 January 2012, Nina Badrić announced via her official Facebook account that she was internally selected to represent Croatia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2012.
The song that Badrić performed at the Eurovision Song Contest, "Nebo", was presented on 18 February 2012 during a special programme titled Dora 2012 - Idemo na Eurosong s Ninom!. The programme took place at the Anton Marti Studio in Zagreb, broadcast on HTV1 as well as streamed online via the broadcaster's website hrt.hr and the official Eurovision Song Contest website eurovision.tv. In addition to the presentation of the song, the show featured guest performances by 2012 Macedonia Eurovision entrant Kaliopi, 2012 Montenegrin Eurovision entrant Rambo Amadeus, 2012 Bosnian Eurovision entrant Maya Sar, Emilija Kokić (lead singer of Eurovision Song Contest 1989 winners Riva), 2011 Serbian Eurovision entrant Nina and 2006 Bosnian Eurovision entrant Hari Mata Hari.
Croatia competed in the second half of the second semi-final (10th on stage), on 24 May 2012, following Slovenia and preceding the Sweden. Croatia received 42 points and placed 12th, thus failing to qualify for the final on 26 May.
- In the semi-final Croatia came 12th with 42 points: the public awarded Croatia 14th place with 34 points and the jury awarded 7th place with 66 points.
Points awarded to Croatia
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Croatia
Points awarded in second semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (2)". Eurovision.tv.
- Webb, Glen (18 February 2012). "Nina Badrić to sing Nebo for Croatia in Baku". Eurovision.tv.
- Hondal, Victor (22 November 2011). "Croatia: Dora 2012 to undergo big changes". EscToday.com. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- Horvat, Ivan (9 January 2012). "Saznajemo: Planirana Dora zbog nezainteresiranosti otkazana". eurosong.hr. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Ajdinović, Faruk (9 January 2012). "Nina ide na Eurosong!". eurosong.hr. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Fajgelj, Milica (2012-01-24). "Croatia: Eurovision entry presented on February 18th". ESCToday. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Gudim, Laura (18 February 2012). "Watch now: Song presentation in Croatia". Esctoday.
- "Watch Nina Badrić premiere the Croatian entry tonight". Eurovision.tv. 18 February 2012.
- Siim, Jarmo (18 June 2012). "Eurovision 2012 split jury-televote results revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. Archived from the original on January 22, 2013.