The town hall of Décines-Charpieu
|Metropolis||Metropolis of Lyon|
|• Mayor (2020-2026)||Laurence Fautra (LR)|
|17.01 km2 (6.57 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||171–240 m (561–787 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Décines is located near Grand Large reservoir, and Lyon is located 12 kilometres west.
Décines left the department of Isère to join the department of Rhône in 1968, and became a member of the Communauté urbaine de Lyon in 1969. On 1 January 2015 Décines left the department of Rhône to join the Metropolis of Lyon.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)
As of 2009[update] there were nine public preschools (maternelles), nine public elementary schools (some preschools and elementary schools are grouped into combined primary schools), two public junior high schools (Collège Georges Brassens and Collège Maryse Bastie), and one public senior high school/sixth-form college (Lycée d'Enseignement Polyvalent Chaplin-Becquerel).
There is one Catholic private day school, École maternelle/primaire/Collège Jeanne d'Arc.
There is an Islamic day school, Groupe scolaire Al Kindi.
The stadium of Olympique Lyonnais, Parc Olympique Lyonnais, is located in Décines-Charpieu. It is the home venue of Ligue 1 club Lyon as well as hosting several UEFA Women's Champions League matches for the club's women's team. The stadium held several matches of UEFA Euro 2016 including a semi-final. It has hosted the 2017 Coupe de la Ligue Final, the 2018 UEFA Europa League Final, and the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Final and semi-finals.
- Cédric Bardon - footballer
- Jean Djorkaeff - footballer
- Youri Djorkaeff - footballer
- Abdelkader Ghezzal - footballer
- Rachid Ghezzal - footballer
- Jonathan Leria - basketball player
- Malela Mutuale - basketball player
- Kamel Ramdani - footballer
- Thierry Hupond - bicycle racer
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Les écoles maternelles" (). Décines-Charpieu. November 18, 2008. Retrieved on October 2, 2016.
- "Les établissements" (). Décines-Charpieu. December 15, 2009. Retrieved on October 2, 2016.
- "Lyon to host 2016 Champions Cup and Challenge Cup finals with Edinburgh chosen for 2017" (Press release). European Professional Club Rugby. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "The 9 stadiums for 2023 RWC in France". Sport 24. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Stade de Lyon". Paris 2024. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Décines-Charpieu.|
- Official website (in French)