DJ Flare - Sean Moran has been a Skratch DJ since 1983 with many vinyl releases. Flare was a member of the turntablist group the Invisibl Skratch Piklz, appearing in many of their Turntable TV videos and DJ Qbert's animated movie Wave Twisters. He released battle records under the pseudonym "DJ Butchwax" on the Thud Rumble and Dirtstyle Records labels. He also created the Flare Skratch, a scratching technique in which a sound is split in two parts leaving limitless sound possibilities to be created. He released a Skratch DVD called Magnifrying Glass. He is also credited for creating the modern day style of Skratch Flare Skratching. Notable mentions, Flare was also a member of Sound Odyssey, The Bulletproof Skratch Hamsters and N.C.A "no clickers allowed" DJ crew and has worked with such music artists as RUN D.M.C, Third Eye Blind, El' Stew, Buckethead, Moonraker, MCM & The Monster and singer Mike Patton from Faith No More amongst others.
DJ Flare was featured in the 2001 documentary film Scratch, and also in Wave Twisters.
- DJ Flare and D-Styles - Pharaohs of Funk-CD-(2000-Slit Wrist Recordings)
- DJ Flare - Magnifrying Glass-Dj tool-DVD-(2005-DropZone Studio Recordings)
- DJ Flare and Extrakd - Electrocutioner-12" single-(2001-Stray Records)
All of these releases are Battle records.
- Butt Crack Breaks
- Butt Ugly Breaks
- Barnyard Breaks
- Hee Haw Breaks
- Hee Haw Breaks 2
- Heavy Petting Breaks
- Headshrinker Breaks
- HillBilly Breaks
- Horny Martian Breaks
- Stoney Breaks
- Shampoo Breaks
- Shiggar Fraggar (2000)
- Seek and Destroy Breaks Vol.5
- Oremus, Will (September 8, 2007). "DA says bystander was shot by police officer". San Mateo County Times.
- Webber, S.W. (2008). DJ Skills: The Essential Guide to Mixing and Scratching. Focal. p. 269. ISBN 978-0-240-52069-8. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- SPIN. SPIN Media LLC. p. 128. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Archive-LVR-Odiaga (25 May 2000). "San Francisco To Host First Scratch DJ Conference". MTV News. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Partridge, E.; Dalzell, T.; Victor, T. (2008). The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. Dictionary of Slang and Unconvetional English. Routledge. p. 256. ISBN 978-0-415-21259-5. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Weigant, C. (2000). Careers as a Disc Jockey: Second Edition. The Career Resource Library. Rosen Publishing Group. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8239-3043-2. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Kouri, C.J.; Shure, R.L.; Blake, H.; Lee, J.; Active Graphics, Inc; Hayward Blake & Company; Poppi-Laudatio (Firm) (2001). Shure: sound people, products, and values. Shure: Sound People, Products, and Values. Shure Inc. ISBN 978-0-9710738-0-7. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- CMJ New Music Monthly. CMJ Network, Inc. p. 54. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Cargo Records - List of releases and a photo on Cargo Records, a UK vinyl store
|This biographical article about a hip hop DJ is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|