|Range||713 kilometres (443 mi)|
|Apogee||732 kilometres (455 mi)|
|Manufacturer||TUB & DLR|
|Launch mass||45 kg (99 lb)|
|Dimensions||32 x 32 x 32 cm|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||06:22, May 26, 1999 (UTC)|
|Launch site||Sriharikota Launching Range|
|End of mission|
|Reference system||Sun-synchronous orbit|
|Regime||Low Earth orbit|
DLR-Tubsat (a.k.a. TUBSAT) was a German remote sensing microsatellite, developed in a joint venture between Technical University of Berlin (TUB) and German Aerospace Center (DLR). TUB was responsible for the satellite bus and DLR was responsible for the payload. The satellite was launched into orbit on 26 May 1999, on the fifth mission of the PSLV program PSLV-C2. The launch took place in the Sriharikota Launching Range. The satellite had an expected life of one year.
The prime objective of DLR-Tubsat was to test the attitude control system (S/C attitude recovery from hibernation). The secondary objective of the mission was to test a TV camera system for disaster monitoring with the goal of the introduction of an interactive Earth observation concept, where the target is not identified in advance, a search action may be involved, or a particular target region has to be followed visually from orbit.
- Dimension: 32 x 32 x 32 cm
- Launch mass: 45 kg (99 lb)
- Solar panel: Four
- Batteries: Four NiH2
- Video camera: Three CCD
- Attitude control system: Three wheel / gyro pairs
- Reaction wheels: Three
- Laser gyro: Three
- VHF / UHF TT & C system
- S band transmitter and antenna
- "TUBSAT". eoportal.org. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.
- "DLR-Tubsat (COSPAR ID: 1999-029C)". NASA. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.
- "PSLV-C2". Indian Space Research Organisation. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.
- "DLR Tubsat - Low Earth Orbit Satellite". findthedata.com. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Flight Experiences With DLR-Tubsat" (PDF). dlr.de. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.
- Steckling, M.; Renner, U.; Röser, H.-P. (1996). "DLR-TUBSAT, qualification of high precision attitude control in orbit". Acta Astronautica. 39 (9–12): 951. Bibcode:1996AcAau..39..951S. doi:10.1016/S0094-5765(97)00081-7.
- "DLR-TUBSAT: a microsatellite for interactive Earth observation". researchgate.net. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.
- "DLR-Tubsat". skyrocket.de. Retrieved 9 Jul 2016.