|Full name||Daniel Namaso Edi-Mesumbe Loader|
|Date of birth||28 August 2000|
|Place of birth||Reading, England|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:33, 28 October 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:53, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Daniel Namaso Loader (born 28 August 2000) is an English footballer, who currently plays for Porto B.
Loader was born in Reading, Berkshire, and started his career in the youth team of Wycombe Wanderers before joining the under-13 side at his hometown club Reading in 2012. He studied at Leighton Park School and then The Forest School. In 2016 he won the Maurice Edelston Memorial Trophy for the best academy schoolboy at the club. In the summer of 2016 he started a two-year scholarship, but was quickly promoted to the under-23 side after a number of games and went on to represent the side in the EFL Trophy campaign. He made his professional debut for the first team at the age of sixteen in August 2017, coming on as a substitute for Leandro Bacuna in extra time in the 3–1 victory over Millwall in the EFL Cup. In the process he became only the third Reading player to make his debut under the age of seventeen. At the end of the month he signed his first professional contract when he turned seventeen. Prolific for the youth team, he was given a chance in the first team under José Gomes and became the youngest Reading player to reach 20 appearances. On 27 April, he scored his first senior goal against Middlesbrough. Loader was close to a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers before Wolves pulled out of the move due to Reading upping the price at the last moment. A few days later he scored the winning penalty in round 2 of the EFL Cup against Wycombe Wanderers.
Loader is eligible to represent England, Cameroon and Nigeria. He has represented England at under-16, under-17, under-18 and under-19 level. He was part of the squad that finished runners-up to Spain in the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship held in May in Croatia. He made a total of five appearances in the tournament.
In September 2017, Loader was called up to England U17 team for the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup. Loader scored twice in a group stage game against Iraq and came off the bench in the quarter-final against the United States. He did not feature in the final as England defeated Spain to lift the trophy.
On 28 May 2019, Loader was called up to the England U20 for the 2019 Toulon Tournament. He scored his first goal for the U20 age group on his ninth appearance; a 3–0 win over Iceland U21s at Wycombe Wanderers on 19 November 2019.
- As of match played 24 October 2020
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- Appearances in EFL Trophy
- "EFL Released and Retained List 2016–17" (PDF). English Football League. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Danny Loader". 11v11. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Danny Loader profile". Reading F.C. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Low, Jonathan (22 August 2017). "Who is Danny Loader? A quick guide to Reading FC's new starlet". Get Reading. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Games played by Danny Loader in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Loader agrees professional terms as a Royal". Reading F.C. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Danny | "It's a huge step, we're all happy"".
- "DANNY LOADER É REFORÇO DO FC PORTO B". fcporto.pt (in Portuguese). FC Porto. 20 August 2020. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- "World Cup squad named". The Football Association. 26 September 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "England stay perfect in Kolkata". FIFA. 14 October 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Match Report". FIFA. 21 October 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "England come from behind to outclass Spain and win FIFA U17 World Cup". The Football Association. 28 October 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "England U19s and U18s both enjoyed victories against the Netherlands on Wednesday". The Football Association. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Loader gets Three Lions call for Toulon Tournament". readingfc.co.uk/. Reading F.C. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "THE YOUNG LIONS PUT ON EXPLOSIVE SECOND-HALF SHOW TO BEAT ICELAND IN WYCOMBE". TheFA.com/. The Football Association. 19 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- Danny Loader at Soccerway
- "Games played by Danny Loader in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Games played by Danny Loader in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Shamoon Hafez (17 January 2019). "England's U17 World Cup winners - where are they now?". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 January 2019.