September 29, 1991|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|Played for||Carolina Hurricanes|
67th overall, 2010|
Danny Biega (born September 29, 1991) is a Canadian retired ice hockey defenceman. He played 10 games for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Hurricanes in the third round (67th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. His brother is Alex Biega of the Detroit Red Wings.
Biega played his collegiate hockey for the Harvard Crimson in the ECAC Hockey conference. In his junior year, Biega's outstanding play was recognized when he was named the ECAC's best defensive defenceman and selected to the 2011–12 ECAC Hockey First Team. During his senior year at Harvard, Biega signed a three-year contract with the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL) and was assigned to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers.
During the 2014–15 season, his second year with the Checkers, Biega was recalled by the Hurricanes to the National Hockey League. Biega made his NHL debut with the Hurricanes on March 19, 2015, in his hometown of Montreal.
Biega is the younger brother of Alex Biega, a professional ice hockey player who is currently playing with the Detroit Red Wings. Biega also has two other brothers, Marc and Michael. Alex, Danny, and Michael all played hockey for Harvard University, becoming the first trio of brothers since 2000 to play for Harvard.
Awards and honours
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2010–11|
|ECAC Best Defensive Defenceman||2011–12|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2012|||
- "Pee-Wee players who have reached NHL or WHA" (PDF). Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament. 2018. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
- "Men's Hockey Players Earn ECAC Awards". Harvard Crimson. March 17, 2012. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- "Danny Biega Signs With NHL's Carolina Hurricanes". gocrimson.com. March 14, 2013. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Hurricanes Recall Danny Biega from Charlotte". Carolina Hurricanes. March 18, 2015. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Carolina Hurricanes - Montréal Canadiens - March 19th, 2015". NHL.com. March 19, 2015. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- MacIntyre, Ian (January 21, 2016). "Iain MacIntyre: Biega boys grow up to bleed Crimson". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Lambert, Craig (January 2010). "Fraternal Forechecking". harvardmagazine.com. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Union coach Bennett wins Tim Taylor Award; goalie Grosenick wins Ken Dryden Award (Final)" by Parting Schotts
- ECAC Hockey Mobile : League Announces Regular-Season Awards
- "All-Tournament Honors" (PDF). ECAC Hockey. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|