David Greenspan (politician)
David Greenspan (born August 7, 1965) is the state representative for the 16th District of the Ohio House of Representatives. He is a Republican. The district consists of Bay Village, Fairview Park, North Olmsted, Rocky River, Westlake as well as Olmsted Township in Cuyahoga County.
Life and career
Greenspan is a graduate of Troy University, where he majored in business and accounting. His career has been in communications and broadcasting, including with Atlanta Olympic Broadcasting, Turner Media Consultants, and the PGA TOUR Radio Network. Currently, Greenspan owns a small consulting agency focusing on start-up ventures.
Prior to moving to Cuyahoga County, Greenspan resided in Sandy Springs, Georgia, where he sat on their inaugural city council. He also sat on the inaugural Cuyahoga County Council, where he was chairman of the finance committee. He was elected in 2010 and again in 2014.
Ohio House of Representatives
Long-serving state representative Nan Baker was term-limited in 2016 after four terms, leaving a potentially competitive district open. With Greenspan representing exactly the same territory on the county council, he opted to seek to the Republican nomination for the seat.
The race was deemed one of the most competitive of the cycle, with Democrat Tommy Greene raising considerable money and receiving numerous high-profile endorsements. However, in the end Greenspan kept the seat in the Republican column with a 56% to 44% win.
Greenspan was re-elected on November 6, 2018.
- "Term-limited state representative, court bailiff seeking Dave Greenspan's seat on Cuyahoga County Council". Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Baker, Lamb seeking county council seat » West Life - Serving the Westshore Community Since 1959". Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Nan Baker swaps seats with Dave Greenspan on Cuyahoga County Council". Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "County Council to recognize Greenspan". Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Democrats, Republicans trade misleading attack ads in contested Ohio 16th House District race". Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- Ohio State Representative Dave Greenspan official site
| Ohio House of Representatives, 16th District