|Irish name||Daithí Mac an Oirchinnigh|
7 December 1992|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 25 August 2013.|
David McInerney (born 7 December 1992) is an Irish hurler who plays as a full-back for the Clare senior team. At club level McInerney plays with Tulla. He helped Tulla win the Senior B title in 2010 with victory over Inagh-Kilnamona.  McInerney made his Senior Championship debut on 2 June 2013 against Waterford, starting at full-back in a 2-20 to 1-15 victory. McInerney scored his first point for the Clare seniors in the victory over Laois in the 2013 All Ireland qualifiers.
During McInerney's early Clare career he has amassed 1 Munster minor medal, 2 Munster u21 medals, 2 All Ireland u21 medals and 1 All Ireland Senior Championship medal to date. In three consecutive appearances for Clare at both u21 and senior level David managed a hat trick of man of the match performances. These awards were given after Clare's respective victories over Tipperary in the Munster u21 final, against Limerick in the All Ireland senior semi final and Galway in the All Ireland u21 semi final.
McInerney is the son of the former Clare hurler Jim McInerney who was part of the winning Clare panel in 1995. 
In October 2013, McInerney was named the Bord Gais U-21 hurling Player of the Year for 2013.
- All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (1): 2013
- Munster Under-21 Hurling Championship (2) 2012, 2013
- All-Ireland Under-21 Hurling Championship (2) 2012, 2013
- Munster Minor Hurling Championship (1) : 2011
- GAA-GPA All-Star Award (1): 2013
- Bord Gáis Energy U-21 Player of the Year (1) : 2013
- Bord Gáis Energy U-21 All-Star (1) : 2013
- "McInerney's goals inspire Clare to extra-time victory over Wexford". The Score. 13 July 2013. Archived from the original on 20 August 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Magnificent Clare one win away from All-Ireland glory". Clare Champion. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "3 debutants in Clare hurling side for Munster clash with Waterford". The Score. 30 May 2013. Archived from the original on 2 October 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Clare star McInerney secures top U-21 gong". Irish Independent. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.