Delaware Township, Hamilton County, Indiana
Location in Hamilton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||15.66 sq mi (40.6 km2)|
|• Land||15.22 sq mi (39.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.44 sq mi (1.1 km2) 2.81%|
|Elevation||817 ft (249 m)|
|• Density||2,011.7/sq mi (776.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453261|
Delaware Township is one of nine townships in Hamilton County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 30,617 and it contained 13,553 housing units. Records show the township to have had 43,352 residents in 2007.
Delaware Township was organized in 1823.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 15.66 square miles (40.6 km2), of which 15.22 square miles (39.4 km2) (or 97.19%) is land and 0.44 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 2.81%) is water. The streams of Weaver Creek, Home Run, Britton Branch, Shoemaker Ditch, Smock Creek, Light Branch, Delight Creek, Cheeney Creek, Hare Creek, Eller Run, Heath Ditch, and Behner Brook run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Noblesville Township (north)
- Fall Creek Township (east)
- Lawrence Township, Marion County (south)
- Washington Township, Marion County (southwest)
- Clay Township (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Flanagan, Heady, Oaklawn Memorial Gardens and Weaver.
Airports and landing strips
- Beaver Airstrip
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Airfield
Delaware Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Hamilton East Public Library in Noblesville.
- "Delaware Township, Hamilton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Haines, John F. (1915). History of Hamilton County, Indiana: Her People, Industries And Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Co. p. 160.
- "How do I get a library card?". Hamilton East Public Library. Retrieved 7 March 2018.