Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
|Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School|
210 Station Avenue
|Student to teacher ratio||12.15|
|Color(s)||Green & White|
|Athletics||MIAA - Division 2|
|Athletics conference||Atlantic Coast League|
|Rivals||Nauset, Monomoy, Barnstable, Falmouth|
$16,498 per pupil
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School is a suburban public high school (grades 8–12) in Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States. It opened in 1957 and was expanded and renovated in 1979, and again in 2006. The school serves the communities of Yarmouth and Dennis, and has an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Dennis-Yarmouth, or known more commonly to the locals as "D-Y", is the second largest high school (in terms of student population) on Cape Cod, behind only Barnstable High School. It is in South Yarmouth, just south of the Mid Cape Highway.
Based on data from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education:
As of 2017, Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School had 1,003 students, 509 males and 494 females.
- 704 (70.2%) were Caucasian
- 103 (10.3%) were Hispanic
- 100 (10%) were African-American
- 50 (5%) were Multi-Race, Non-Hispanic
- 29 (2.9%) were Asian
- 16 (1.6%) were Native American
- 1 (0.1%) were Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Dolphins' football team has developed into one of the most successful and formidable high school football programs in Massachusetts in recent years. They have appeared in three state championship games, winning two in 2011 and 2017. They have also been ranked in the state's Top 25 polls numerous times, being ranked as high as #4 by the Boston Globe and #5 by MaxPreps. Furthermore, they have produced several high-level college football prospects in recent years.
- State Champions - 2011,2017
- State Finalists - 2013
- Eastern Massachusetts Regional Champions - 2013, 2017
- League Champions - 1960, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2017
- State Playoff Qualifier - 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Dennis-Yarmouth's cross-country teams are regarded as one of the premier programs in New England and have won numerous state, regional, and national championships in recent years.
The boys team won the All-State Championship in back to back years, the only boys team in Massachusetts to have done so (the MIAA switched from a single all-state championship race for each gender in cross country to large and small school state championship races in 1990) . Further, the boys team did it twice, in 1974/1975 and 1989/1990. Harrier magazine ranked them one of the top 25 teams in the United States in 1989 and 1990. The girls team won the Div. I (large schools) All-State team championship in 2006. Jordan O'Dea is the only D-Y cross country runner to garner an individual All-State Championship, finishing first in the All-State Div. II (small schools) race in 2011.
State Champions - 2018
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 25, 2019.
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School | Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District". Dy-regional.k12.ma.us. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". profiles.doe.mass.edu. September 20, 2018. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "NHSCAXC - TEAM HISTORY - 1989 HARRIER NATIONAL TEAM RANKINGS". RunnerSpace.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "NHSCAXC - TEAM HISTORY - 1990 HARRIER NATIONAL TEAM RANKINGS". RunnerSpace.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
-  wbztv.com - Teen Sends A Little Bit Of Cape Cod To U.S. Troops
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School Home Page
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School Athletics Page
- DYMedia1 Youtube Channel