|Hampton Pirates – No. 3|
|High school||Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy|
|Born:||February 12, 1997|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early life and background
When Francois was a young child, he moved numerous times bouncing back and forth from Miami to Orlando. His mother Janice moved him and his family from Little Haiti, a neighborhood of Miami, to Orlando for a better life around the time of junior high. Francois is of Haitian descent.
Francois attended Olympia High School in Orlando, Florida his first three years of high school and transferred to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida his senior year. From 2012 to 2013 at Olympia, he passed for 3,162 yards and 28 touchdowns for the football team. As a senior, he passed for 1,488 yards with 18 touchdowns. Francois was considered a four-star recruit and committed to Florida State University to play college football.
Francois redshirted his first year at Florida State in 2015. Francois competed with Sean Maguire for the starting quarterback job in 2016. After Maguire suffered an injury, Francois was considered the favorite to start the season opener. On September 5, 2016, Francois made his first collegiate start against the Ole Miss Rebels. Francois passed for 419 yards and two touchdowns, leading the way on a 22-point comeback victory, the largest comeback in Florida State football history. He would be the quarterback for the rest of the season. The Seminoles finished the season 10–3, 5–3 in ACC play, to finish in second place in the Atlantic Division. They were invited to the 2016 Orange Bowl, where they defeated the Michigan Wolverines.
Francois returned to the starting role in 2018.
On February 3, 2019, it was announced that Francois had been removed from the Florida State football program after a video of a domestic dispute between him and his girlfriend surfaced on social media.
- Clark, Ryan S., ed. (March 14, 2016). "Who is Deondre Francois? And could he be FSU's next starting QB?". Warchant. Retrieved October 29, 2016.
- Adams, Jonathan, ed. (September 5, 2016). "Deondre Francois, Florida State Quarterback: Makes First Start in Hometown". Heavy. Retrieved October 29, 2016.
- Khalid, Sunni, ed. (October 8, 2016). "Haitian athletes help their island home". The Undefeated. Retrieved October 29, 2016.
- Hays, Chris. "Orlando Olympia QB Deondre Francois confirms transfer to IMG Academy". Florida Recruiting.
- Sentinel, Orlando. "IMG quarterback Deondre Francois commits to FSU".
- "Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois".
- "Sean Maguire, Deondre Francois QB battle key for Florida State".
- "Francois preparing to replace injured Maguire".
- "Meet Deondre Francois, Florida State's Week 1 starting quarterback".
- "LISTEN LIVE: Florida State at Wake Forest". September 30, 2017.
- "FSU's Deondre Francois suffers season-ending patella tendon injury". Tallahassee Democrat. September 3, 2017.
- LastNoleofKrypton (February 3, 2019). "Deondre Francois has been removed from the Florida State Football team". Tomahawk Nation. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- "Former Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois to walk on at Florida Atlantic". CBSSports.com. Retrieved May 25, 2019.
- "College football recruiting: Former Florida State QB Deondre Francois lands at Hampton". CBSSports.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "Former FSU QB Deondre Francois lands at Hampton University". 247Sports. Retrieved August 2, 2019.