Department of School Education, Haryana
The department is responsible for hiring and employing the school teachers for the Government schools of Government of Haryana. It also runs the Haryana Board of School Education that conducts the school leaving examinations.
Status of school education
The 2018 Annual Survey of Education Report (ASER), released in January 2019, found that Haryana had 55.3% of the children living in rural Haryana were going to private schools in 2018 as compared to 55.8% in 2016, 6.8% girls in the 15-16 age group and 2.3% in the 11-14 age group were not enrolled in any school in the rural areas of the state, 58% children from Classes 3 to 5 were able to read the Class 2-level text, 84% in Haryana had a playground inside the school premises and playground was accessible in more than 90% of schools in Haryan. There were 15,998 government schools with primary sections in the state While 9,177 of the total were primary schools, 6,821 were upper primary schools, which represented an increase of almost 13.6% over the number of upper primary schools visited in 2016.
- List of institutions of higher education in Haryana
- Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonipat
- Department of Elementary Education, Haryana
- Director Secondary Education, Haryana
- Department of Higher Education, Haryana
- Haryana Board of School Education
- State Counselling Board, Haryana (SCB), for admission to technical courses
- "Government of Haryana: Departments". Government of Haryana. Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Majority of rural childern [sic] in Haryana still prefer private schools, Hindustan Times, 16 jan 2019.
- Board of School Education Haryana official website
- Department of School Education Haryana official website
- Haryana Government's HarSamadhan Complaints portal
- Overseas Placement Assistance Society (OPAS), Haryana
|This India school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Haryana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|