Dereck J. Hogan
Dereck J. Hogan
|United States Ambassador to Moldova|
|Assumed office |
November 2, 2018
|Preceded by||James Pettit|
|Alma mater||University of Pittsburgh (B.A.)|
Princeton University (M.P.A.)
Mr. Hogan is a career member of the Senior Foreign Service. He has been working for the State Department since 1997. He has served at multiple capacities including being the Deputy Chief of Mission and Chargé d'Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan, Director of the office of Nordic and Baltic Affairs in the Department’s Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs and has worked in U.S. embassies in Belarus, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. He was also Special Assistant to Secretary of State Colin Powell.
United States Ambassador to Moldova
On June 22, 2018, President Trump nominated Hogan to be the next United States Ambassador to Moldova. On September 6, 2018, the Senate confirmed his nomination by voice vote. He presented his credentials to the President of Moldova on November 2, 2018.
- List of ambassadors of the United States
- United States Ambassadors appointed by Donald Trump
- Embassy of the United States, Chișinău
- Ambassador Dereck J. Hogan ‘’State Department’’, Retrieved on August 11, 2019.
- President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts “The White House”, June 22, 2018, Retrieved on August 11, 2019
- U.S. Ambassador to Moldova Credits Pitt Education for Broad Worldview, University of Pittsburgh, February 20, 2019, Retrieved on August 11, 2019.
- Ambassador Dereck Hogan “Woodrow.org”, retrieved on August 11, 2019.
- PN2208 — Dereck J. Hogan — Department of State “United States Congress” September 6, 2018, Retrieved on August 11, 2019.
- Ambassador Hogan Presents Credentials to President Dodon ‘’State Department’’, November 2, 2018, Retrieved on August 11, 2019 .