Descendants: Wicked World
|Descendants: Wicked World|
|Also known as||Wicked World|
|Written by||Jennifer Magee-Cook (story)|
Aliki Theofilopolous (story)
Julia Miranda (season 1)
Scott Peterson (season 2)
|Directed by||Aliki Theofilopoulos (season 1)|
Eric Fogel (season 2)
|Voices of||Dove Cameron|
China Anne McClain
|Opening theme||"Rotten to the Core" by Sofia Carson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||33 (+3 specials) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jennifer Magee-Cook|
|Running time||2–3 minutes|
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||1080p (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 18, 2015 –|
March 3, 2017
Descendants: Wicked World (also abbreviated simply as Wicked World) is a U.S. computer-animated short-form series based on the Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants. It premiered on September 18, 2015 on Disney Channel and its digital platforms, including WATCH Disney Channel, and ended on March 3, 2017.
The series picks up after the film and introduces new characters from the Isle of the Lost and Auradon. Providing the voices of the animated characters are Dove Cameron as Mal, Sofia Carson as Evie, Cameron Boyce as Carlos, Booboo Stewart as Jay, Mitchell Hope as Ben, Sarah Jeffery as Audrey, Brenna D'Amico as Jane, Dianne Doan as Lonnie, Ursula Taherian as Jordan, China Anne McClain in Season 1 and Lauryn McClain in Season 2 as Freddie, Jennifer Veal as Ally, Myrna Velasco as CJ and Bradley Steven Perry as Zevon.
It is also the first Disney Channel Original Series based on a Disney Channel Original Movie.
After Ben's coronation in Descendants, the villain kids Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay settle in at being good while their villainous parents are still roaming the Isle of the Lost. The story goes deeper at the arrival of new villain kids, Freddie (Dr. Facilier's daughter), CJ (Captain Hook's daughter) and Zevon (Yzma's son).
- Mal (voiced by Dove Cameron) – Daughter of Maleficent. She possesses dark forms of magic, passed down to her by her mother, but because she is good now, she uses her magic for good purposes.
- Evie (voiced by Sofia Carson) – Daughter of The Evil Queen and Mal's best friend. She has a love of fashion and wields a Magic Mirror that knows everything.
- Carlos (voiced by Cameron Boyce) – Son of Cruella de Vil. He can talk to dogs and has claustrophobia as revealed in "Spirit Day" and "Trapped", respectively.
- Jay (voiced by Booboo Stewart) – Son of Jafar. Despite having chosen to be good, he has a bad habit of stealing.
- Freddie (voiced by China Anne McClain in Season 1, Lauryn McClain in Season 2) – Daughter of Dr. Facilier. Despite initially having a difficult to Auradon's unrotten ways, she had no problem adapting to the delicious food. She is the sister of Celia from Descendants 3. Also, she appears in the Descendants novel Return to the Isle of the Lost.
- CJ (voiced by Myrna Velasco) – Daughter of Captain Hook and Freddie's best friend. She is the sister of Harry Hook from Descendants 2.
- Zevon (voiced by Bradley Steven Perry) – Son of Yzma. In the second season, he plans to fuse the VK's birthright jewels so he can combine their power and take over Auradon.
- Ben (voiced by Mitchell Hope) – Son of Belle and the Beast and Mal's boyfriend. He is the current king of Auradon.
- Audrey (voiced by Sarah Jeffery) – Daughter of Aurora and Prince Phillip. She was initially mistrustful towards the villain kids, especially Mal, but is learning to warm up to their presence.
- Jane (voiced by Brenna D'Amico) – Daughter of The Fairy Godmother. Like Mal, she has magic, but unlike Mal, she has light forms of magic and isn't fully trained in her magic yet.
- Lonnie (voiced by Dianne Doan) – Daughter of Fa Mulan and Li Shang. Unlike Audrey, she is friendly towards the VKs and is willing to help them adapt in Auradon.
- Jordan (voiced by Ursula Taherian) – Daughter of The Genie. She runs a web show and lives in a magic lamp. Also, she appears in the Descendants novel Return to the Isle of the Lost.
- Ally (voiced by Jennifer Veal) – Daughter of Alice. She has the same curious personality as her mother. Also, she appears in the Descendants novel Return to the Isle of the Lost.
The production of the series was announced right after the film Descendants finished airing on Disney Channel. Former Phineas and Ferb storyboard artist Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft announced on Twitter that she was directing the series, with Jenni Cook as producer, and that the original cast would be reprising their roles. Each episode of the series is going to be under five minutes long.
In July 13, 2016, it was announced the series was renewed for a second season and that Bradley Steven Perry would be added to the cast as Zevon, the son of Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove, and Lauryn McClain would take over voicing Freddie from her sister China Anne McClain who was cast as Ursula's daughter Uma in Descendants 2.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||18||September 18, 2015||July 15, 2016|
|2||15||October 21, 2016||February 24, 2017|
|Specials||3||December 13, 2015||March 3, 2017|
|Year||Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result||Ref.|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Animated TV Show||Descendants: Wicked World||Nominated|||
- Minezaki, Jennifer; Woo, Chrissy (July 13, 2016). "'Descendants' Demand Brings On Second Season of Animated Short-Form Series 'Descendants: Wicked World'". Disney ABC Press. Archived from the original on March 5, 2017. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Wicked World". Disney Channel. Retrieved October 4, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- on YouTube
- Aliki Theofilopoulos [@alikigreeky] (July 31, 2015). "#DisneyDescendants #WickedWorld produced by the amazing @JJmageecook & directed by me! Voice talent from the cast!" (Tweet). Retrieved August 1, 2015 – via Twitter.
- Swift, Andy (July 13, 2016). "Descendants: Wicked World Renewed for Season 2, Taps Disney Channel Star to Voice Son of Emperor's Yzma". TVLine. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- "First Wave of "Teen Choice 2016" Nominees Announced and #1 Voted Surfboard Revealed". TeenChoice.com. Retrieved May 28, 2016.