Dina Garipova at a Eurovision 2013 press conference
|Born||25 March 1991|
Zelenodolsk, Tatar SSR, Russian SFSR, USSR
Dina Fagimovna Garipova (Russian: Дина Фагимовна Гарипова, Tatar: Динә Фәһим кызы Гарипова; born 25 March 1991) is a Russian singer. In 2012, Garipova won the Russian version of singing competition The Voice, Golos. Garipova was selected by the Russian broadcaster Channel One to represent Russia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, Sweden, with the song "What If". At the competition, she qualified from the first semi-final and placed fifth in the final, scoring 174 points. In 2015, Garipova was one of five jurors for Russia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015.
Garipova was born on 25 March 1991, in Zelenodolsk, Tatarstan, Russia, to a family of physicians. From the age of six, Garipova studied singing at the "Zolotoy mikrofon" (Golden Microphone) Theatre, with Elena Antonova as her vocal coach. Garipova studied journalism (correspondence department) at the Kazan (Volga region) Federal University. When Garipova graduated from "Zolotoy mikrofon", she toured with the Tatarstan singer Gabdelfat Safin.
Dina's vocal range is 2.4 octaves.
Dina auditioned in 2012 to compete in season 1 of The Voice. In the blind auditions, broadcast on October 26, 2012 on Channel One, she sang "А напоследок я скажу". Only Alexander Gradsky turned his chair for her at the last few seconds of the performance.
- The Voice performances
|Blind Audition||"А напоследок я скажу"||Valentina Ponomaryova||October 29, 2012||4.6||Only Alexander Gradsky turned for her.|
|"When You Believe" (vs. Valeria Grinyuk)||Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey||November 23, 2012||8.2||Saved by Coach|
|"Angel" (vs. Ilya Yudichev)||Aretha Franklin||December 7, 2012||10.3|
|Live Quarterfinal (Top 12)||"Ты на свете есть"||Alla Pugacheva||December 14, 2012||11.10||Saved by Public's vote|
|Live Semifinal (Top 8)||"The Music of the Night"||Michael Crawford||December 21, 2012||12.2||Saved by Votes' summa|
|Live Final (Top 4)||"Skyfall" (with Igor Butman)||Adele||December 29, 2012||13.3||Winner|
|"Non, je ne regrette rien"||Edith Piaf||13.7|
|"Не отрекаются любя"||Alla Pugacheva||13.10|
|11.4||Alexander Gradsky, Evgeniy Kungurov, and Polina Zizak||"Hey Jude"||The Beatles|
|12.1||Joseph Kobzon and Evgeniy Kungurov||"Надежда"||Joseph Kobzon|
|13.1||Margarita Pozoyan, Elmira Kalimullina, and Anastasia Spiridonova||"С Новым Годом!"||-|
|13.3||Top 48 artists of the season||"Happy New Year"||ABBA|
|Два шага до любви
(Two Steps to Love)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"What If"||2013||78||51||75||161||Два шага до любви|
- Omelyanchuk, Olena. "Dina Garipova to represent Russia". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- Dina's vocal range
- http://eng.islam-today.ru/news/russias-muslim-girl-dina-garipova-with-her-song-what-if-finished-in-the-fifth-place. Retrieved September 15, 2014. Missing or empty
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Dina Garipova". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Dina Garipova". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2016-02-04.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Dina Garipova". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2013-12-12.
- Peak positions in the UK:
- For "What If": "CHART: CLUK Update 1.06.2013 (wk21)". Zobbel.de. 2013-06-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dina Garipova.|
| Winner of Golos
Buranovskiye Babushki with Party for Everybody
| Russia in the Eurovision Song Contest
Tolmachevy Sisters with Shine
|This article on a Russian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|