Disability discrimination act
In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, a number of countries have passed laws aimed at reducing discrimination against people with disabilities. These laws have begun to appear as the notion of civil rights has become more influential globally, and follow other forms of anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation aimed at preventing racial discrimination and sexism which began to emerge in the second half of the 20th century. Many of these Acts aim to reduce barriers for persons with disabilities in the areas of customer service, employment, built environment, transportation, and information and communications.
List of disability discrimination acts
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2002), The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (2013) 
- Hong Kong
- Disability Discrimination Ordinance 1995
- National Policy for Persons with Disabilities 2002
- South Africa
- Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act, 2000
- United Kingdom
- Equality Act 2010 (prior to October 2010 the relevant legislation was the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as amended)
- United States of America
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- South Korea
- Prohibition of Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities, 2008 
- Justice, Manitoba. "Manitoba Laws".
- "The Accessibility for Manitobans Act".
- "Disability discrimination". Walkerlawsd.com.
- "(Translated)장애인차별금지 및 권리구제 등에 관한 법률(장애인 차별 금지법) Act on the Prohibition of Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities, Remedy Against Infringement of Their Rights, etc" (in Korean and English).