Graduated from the Keele and Southampton universities, he also received PhD in history. He worked as Research Director of the London-based Holocaust Educational Trust. As of 2009, he is a lecturer of Twentieth Century History at the University of Edinburgh.
- 2006 Philip Leverhulme Prize
- 2007 Edinburgh University Chancellor’s Award
- 2007 Raphael Lemkin Award by the International Association of Genocide Scholars
- Genocide on Trial: War Crimes Trials and the Formation of Holocaust History and Memory (Oxford University Press, 2001)
- The Great Game of Genocide: Imperialism, Nationalism, and the Destruction of the Ottoman Armenians (Oxford University Press, 2005)
- The Holocaust: Critical Historical Approaches (Manchester University Press, 2005)
- Genocide, The World Wars, and the Unweaving of Europe: essays by Donald Bloxham (Vallentine, Mitchell and Co., 2008)
- The Final Solution: A Genocide (Oxford University Press, 2009)
- "University of Edinburgh, Bloxham". Shc.ed.ac.uk. 13 October 2011. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "The Holocaust. Critical Historical Approaches. Donald Bloxham and Tony Kushner". Us.macmillan.com. 4 December 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- European History Quarterly, Vol. 38, No. 1, 126-128 (2008), doi:10.1177/02656914080380010408
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|